C5 Project tease...

Here's a size comparrison. It's not too much wider except that the regular helmets get narrower as they go up where Cam's version is straight so it looks weird. The ears are just temporarily screwed on to give me an idea how it will look- no detail work done on them yet.

helmetearscomp.jpg

Oh and Chucko, the site I got the sphere from is www.1000bulbs.com.

I am just admiring your work here very much. My biggest fear when I am doing my painting is really messing up the job. I hope I can come just halfway as good as your paint jobs and weathering. Top Notch my friend

Thanks guys!

Keep in mind this paintjob in no way has to be as precise as all the other Fett's
need to be so I get to put the scuffs and scratches anywhere I want to.
That makes it much easier.

Here's the finished ear detail. They are pretty simple designs and I will fill the screw holes in but they're pretty much done:

eardetail.jpg

eardetail2.jpg

Here's the VERY basic start of the helmet. The screws will be removed once the epoxy sets and then I'll fill the holes back in. It's also way long at the moment. I
am so nervous about this helmet build because there's so much to try to get perfect for the look to be just right.

helmetstart.jpg

Nice set of buckets :)

It's been a while but I finally got the back mounted today. Next up is to cut out the cheeks and work on that part of the nightmare!

Helmside-1.jpg

This is really cool! The blocky design is really growing on my...Kennedy's a great artist, his take on the Punisher was awesome! (My favorite Marvel hero, coincidentally)

I got the cheeks mounted:

2jpg.jpg

If only there was a way of making the helmet shorter over all to match the artwork but the shape of the human head won't allow for it.
Other than that, it came out perfect!

Believe it or not, it's only maybe a 1/2 of an inch wider at the base. It's the fact that there is no taper going up that makes it look huge.

size.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tis helmet is taking longer than I anticipated but I think I'm on the home stretch now. Here are the installed, finished cheeks:

cheek-1.jpg

Cut the visor out, too:

visor.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back