C4 and Dragon Con Zammers

I finally met with MonCal and Kathy! :D (y) But I didn't get to see any Zam costumes! Not one!!! :( Tons of Fetts (Boba and Jango) but not one Zam...

Worked the TDH booth Thursday - quite a number of people asked about the Zam helmet and blaster I brought! :D That was cool! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I only saw one Zam costume and it was a member of this forum but her name escapes me (I'm really really bad with names). I introduced myself to her and took a look at the costume up close. It was very impressive!

That explains it, she said her husband was on TDH but she wasn't. She looked great. It's the first Zam I had seen in person and I was very impressed.

Foxbattkllr, you going to Dragon Con? I think you might see 5 of us ... Mebbe? Me, Iceheart, Maulmaus (PRESSURE), (MORE PRESSURE Clawdite77) and (Zamgram you goin?). I don't know of anyone else who has a semi-completed/completed costume that can make it. Foxbatkillr, you have been so helpful to us Zammers, with all of your photos. Those preliminary FIDM shots and stuff did a world of awesomeness for all of us. Hopefully you can go.

kathy is looking fabulous in those pics!!! I like the darker shot in the shadows...very awesome!!

ZIA, beleive me, we are doing everything in our power to get clawdite77's zam up and running for dcon! almost there...

I don't want to steal their thunder but Kathy finally won in her category in the Celebration costume contest - HOORAY! Congrats to both Cal & Kathy!!! :cheers Sorry we never caught up with you two to hang out. :(

I don't think I ever ended up meeting John :(

I did connect with Drew and his wife - nice folks from the 70th Explorers 501st!

<whisper>I stopped by the TDH booth on Friday and first offered to fill shifts and then expressed my disappointment that there was no sign of Zam or any of the other BHs at the table. Oh well, the mandos get all the love...</whisper>

Next up - Celebration Europe - woohoo! And Comic-Con - woohoo! But no Dragon*Con, again - boo!

wOOOH... that is the best Zam costume I have seen so far !!! I really love all the shades and colors... !!! Really really impressed !!!

Congratulations Kathy and Moncal for that amazing and awesome work on that costume !!! I wish I could get mine as great as yours someday :D:D:D

Ben

C4 pics Hubby saw on Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/starwarsblog/514439013/

I think I see Kathy and KayDee Wohoo! Yippieee! Represent dudettes!

Sorry you couldn't go Sl/TK8456

Yeah that's me! Kathy and Kathy... both dressed in purple ;) Congrats to Cal and Kathy on winning with their perfect Zam! I am now officially scared to make this costume, because I know it will never be as good at yours :eek:

Dang it... :( I didn't see the costume at all. I was in that hall just before the costume contest for the "Living with the Empire" or some such talk with the Imperial Officers of Star Wars - which was great.. and the costume contestants were lined up - I didn't see Zam! Admittedly I had a whiny 9-year old and a complaining hubby at the time so I might have been a bit distracted... *sighs*

I was at the TDH Booth on Thursday with my box-o-Zam-Love! :D I think I was the only Zammer the whole weekend though. I did score the first TDH Shirt of the con! :D :D :D Nothing like walking advertisement! :D

It's over and I didn't see a single Zam except for the pictures here.
One thing I didn't like about this con that Comic-con does...names on badges.
Every single one of you could have been standing right next to me and I would not have actually known.
Now that C4 is over it's time for me to start ordering my bits and pieces to get this show on the road. No way I'll have it for comic-con unless I ditch my family and become a hermit until it's done though...yeah right ;)

I don't want to steal their thunder but Kathy finally won in her category in the Celebration costume contest - HOORAY! Congrats to both Cal & Kathy!!! :cheers Sorry we never caught up with you two to hang out. :(

I don't think I ever ended up meeting John :(

Next up - Celebration Europe - woohoo! And Comic-Con - woohoo! But no Dragon*Con, again - boo!

Congrats to Kathy and Moncal. 2nd time now, right?
No I didn't make it to C4 pet. Some nasty Homeland security chap sent me back over the atlantic when I touched down at minneapolis for some firearm investigation that I couldn't remember.
Basically, I bought a E-11 tube off this US chap for my real deactivated stormtrooper machine gun. It turns out the guy was then arrested by the FBI for re-arming firearms. The US police tip off UK police about my name being on his PC. British police question me and then laugh it off. Unfortunately US systems still have me down as suspect.
Becasue I never ticked the 'yes I've been arrested box' I got sent back for attemping fraudulant entry into the US
Bummer! Thing is I wasn't arrested, just questioned. this chap had a right chip on his shoulder. Just my luck to get seeked out by him.

Hope to get this sorted for maybe DragonCon but I'm not 100% on that yet.
I'm sure I'll see some of you in CE though. Crossing the Severn bridge into England isn't as hard as the Atlantic. LOL

I was at the TDH Booth on Thursday with my box-o-Zam-Love! :D I think I was the only Zammer the whole weekend though.

Aw, I missed you as I had to work on Thursday.

I stopped by on Friday but all of the shifts had already been filled. I couldn't volunteer earlier because I hadn't received my convention schedule.

Becasue I never ticked the 'yes I've been arrested box' I got sent back for attemping fraudulant entry into the US
Bummer!
I'm sure I'll see some of you in CE though. Crossing the Severn bridge into England isn't as hard as the Atlantic. LOL

:rolleyes That is embarrassing. Well, thank goodness we kept the likes of *you* out!

We should arrange a happy hour or some other such meet up for CE.

Yeah... we certainly don't want anyone like YOU John in this country! ;)

Unbelievable... actually it is all too believable! *shakes head* Hope you can get it straightened out by DC! *crosses fingers*

Yeah... we certainly don't want anyone like YOU John in this country! ;)

Unbelievable... actually it is all too believable! *shakes head* Hope you can get it straightened out by DC! *crosses fingers*

Yeah me too. cos if the US shares info with anyone else I could have this happen again in another country!!!
I need to get the police force that questioned me to talk to your embassy over here. then I have to schedule an interview with the US Embassy myself to get my files 'cleaned up' All this info came from a £1.40/minute phone line. Recorded messages most of it!!!

I can understand the increased sensitivity since 9/11 but I'm hardly a threat. I only weigh 10 stone
When I told the homeland security chap I'm going to CIV, the star wars convention maybe he heard....
I'm going to C4 the star wars convention.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back