Buyer Beware!!

Krewkid82

Active Hunter
I have been hunting a ever ready mini light for a few days. A member on the BFB named Starzsound pm'ed me telling me that someone he knew had one for sale. He told me to message a guy named Fred at fredmiller913@gmail.com. Our messages went back and forth until I reached a price of $70. The picture he had looked familar but I sent the money via paypal friends and family anyways. No contact for 3 days after that. Now today I get a message from a new account by the name of dentwood56 offering a mini light. I ask the price and low and behold it's $70. That's weird so I look at the picture he sent and check this out!
Screenshot_20221206-210737_Chrome.jpg
looks familiar lol so I sent him this and told him to go scam someone else
Screenshot_20221206-210608_Chrome.jpg
I didn't know the whole found part scene was gonna be like this. Hopefully I can find a reliable source this time!

What a shame. There's a lot to be said for trust and it's people like this that ruin it for honest vendors.
I know and I've never bought out of my comfort zone only reputable sellers or from the cargo hold..it does suck but hell get the karma and ill find my mini light;)

I know and I've never bought out of my comfort zone only reputable sellers or from the cargo hold..it does suck but hell get the karma and ill find my mini light;)
Yeah. Karma is a bitch and i hope he gets blacklisted soon on every site. Sorry to hear you got done, it's difficult with rare items as u sometimes have to take a chance. I'm sure u will find one, if i see one I'll let u know.

I know this is an old post but the user dentwood56 has reached out to me twice now on 2 of my want to buy posts claiming he knows a guy who has the particular item for sale I’m looking for. But he only gives me the guy’s email. The first item was an Original Model 7 scope but upon some emails with the guy, it wasn’t even a Model 7 scope so I just stopped responding.

A few days ago, the same user reached out on my Vintage M40 WTB post and directed me to another user who had one for sale, again via email. Now I was a little suspicious as this user has zero activity on his account and sent practically the same message twice. Lo and behold I email the guy about the M40 and I get pretty much the same response as I did for the Model 7? Seems a little too fishy to me, like the situation reported above. No personal info has ever been exchanged but just wanted to warn others about this particular guy. I saw his name dropped earlier.

Attachments

• IMG_3001.jpeg
    IMG_3001.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3003.jpeg
    IMG_3003.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3004.jpeg
    IMG_3004.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3005.jpeg
    IMG_3005.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 27
I know this is an old post but the user dentwood56 has reached out to me twice now on 2 of my want to buy posts claiming he knows a guy who has the particular item for sale I’m looking for. But he only gives me the guy’s email. The first item was an Original Model 7 scope but upon some emails with the guy, it wasn’t even a Model 7 scope so I just stopped responding.

A few days ago, the same user reached out on my Vintage M40 WTB post and directed me to another user who had one for sale, again via email. Now I was a little suspicious as this user has zero activity on his account and sent practically the same message twice. Lo and behold I email the guy about the M40 and I get pretty much the same response as I did for the Model 7? Seems a little too fishy to me, like the situation reported above. No personal info has ever been exchanged but just wanted to warn others about this particular guy. I saw his name dropped earlier.
Thanks for the heds up

An option you can consider in cases like this is to offer to pay PayPal Goods and Services but cover the 4% fee. If the person baulks at that, it might be a red flag. With some of the taxation policies evolving, it could also be they're trying to avoid paying taxes on the sale. Unless I know or can get references for an individual I'm pretty hesitant to throw out chunks of cash as Friends and Family...

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back