Broken boba helmet tutorial

Ill see what I can draw up, I want it down the right side were the eye would be. here is something I would eventually like my Mando to look like. Ill try and get the pic to you tonight my time.

CUSTOM  MANDO IDEA.jpg

My other idea is the bantha skull over the helmet just off center and up to the right in red with a black helmet what do you think? This one has more attitude. With blast marks & close call too.

well here's my progress. I did most of this last weekend. I cut out the key slots. cut and installed the foam with velcro ( like a bike helmet) that way It can be adjusted. Oh and I cut the visor out and dis some sanding.
I can definately do the cut over the right eye.
At this point I made the cuts on the key slots of helmet # 2 but chose to focus on the better of the two helmets to get at least one of these finished asap. Still waiting on the back ordered visor for helmet # 2

hem1.jpg

hem2.jpg

hem3.jpg

Depends on if it is a fres un cut kit? already assembled? or trimmed with mistakes? Still can't get ahold of bradley to get a price on some stuff. Is he okay?? does anyone know???

well here's my update. I have impland ted the nut bolt assembly in the range finder and put the 3 coats of black on the good helmet. Man I love a glossy black helmet. Looks like a race car for the brain :eek: Oh yeah and i put the close call scratches in

helms 2.JPG

helms.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Well one might ask if I accidently cut my bvradlet fett helmet too short and have to shim it up like I have here how does it paint up? well look for yourself

IM000800.jpg

IM000801.JPG

Thanks, not as in depth as painting a boba helmet I did( but more freeing to take artistic chances) but still a beautiful thing to hold handle and drool over. I like the one in your avatar sweet and detailed! And those white ears on that helmet are AWESOME!. The #2 helm I am working on has none If it were my helm and I were going custom I would use a set of those.

Of course I would also add fans, range finder lights,servo motor and headset walkies and..... Oh wait I am getting off topic

Hey Sarge, what are the chances we could do a Baccara style to the 2nd bucket? I know its short notice, if not thats ok it was just an idea.

anyone have any experience on the Baccara thing ?? any advice?? I don't mind trying something new. I like doing custom work and paint jobs. For this to work I might need a set of ears to help moor the addition. or I could replace the whole front with a storm trooper face plate and bacara that up from there? I can acquired a set if you want? maybe even the face plate too if it's still available.
If i get them sent directly to me it would save shipping. let me know when you receive the last helmet. I would love to have kept it so black and shiny.

Last edited by a moderator:
SGT pm sent.................... What do you suggest to coat it with? A neautral coat? Npt glossy, yes it would really Pretty but wont fit the charecter. you have a PP account I still owe you 20? right

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back