General BobaMaker

I recently contacted BobaMaker for a complete commission of the ESB version and got a quote of $7,883 to be shipped to USA. The next available slot he has is 28 months away. Is the to be expected for price and build time?

I'm sure it has to do with Star Wars becoming more popular as well cause I contacted him in July last year and will be getting it this Christmas so my wait was 17 months. That's a telling sign he's getting back up

Sent from my iPhone

That's how it works. X amount for the kit and another X amount to trim, assemble, and/or paint (it's a LOT of work....honestly $2k for a whole kit is not bad).
If you don't want yours assembled, trimmed or painted to save money and try to do it yourself, you can tell him and he'll send you more of a raw kit.
Assembly, trimming and paint takes a lot of time, which is why I don't do it. There's lots of guys here who will, but they are going to charge you for that service just like BM will.

Edit: Sorry, just saw your first post. So if the original quote was for a completed, assembled and painted kit and he's quoting you more? Not sure...maybe he's getting so backed up that he's raising his price? Supply and demand and all that. You'd have to ask him, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
My order took 18 months and I can testify that the wait is well worth it. The quality of workmanship from construction to paint to weathering is superb. My order included the fully painted and weathered ROTJ SE set except blaster, jetpack harness, girth belt, vest, neck seal, gloves, cape and braids. To reduce some cost, I removed finishing details since it is relatively easy to do that yourself. There are many threads here with an array of solutions to common issues.

You can see my parts breakdown here where I specified the vendors: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=55230&p=712638&viewfull=1#post712638

I will echo that it is possible to acquire all the parts from other vendors and commission them to be painted at a relatively lower cost and shorter timelines. This certainly does not mean at a compromise of quality. We just have to do our due diligence in research.

He told me his current waiting time for a full helmet commission is currently 15 months, so if the wait time for a whole set is a bit daunting, maybe you can get a couple of parts from him for a shorter waiting time and find the others elsewhere.

My order took 18 months and I can testify that the wait is well worth it. The quality of workmanship from construction to paint to weathering is superb. My order included the fully painted and weathered ROTJ SE set except blaster, jetpack harness, girth belt, vest, neck seal, gloves, cape and braids. To reduce some cost, I removed finishing details since it is relatively easy to do that yourself. There are many threads here with an array of solutions to common issues.

You can see my parts breakdown here where I specified the vendors: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=55230&p=712638&viewfull=1#post712638

I will echo that it is possible to acquire all the parts from other vendors and commission them to be painted at a relatively lower cost and shorter timelines. This certainly does not mean at a compromise of quality. We just have to do our due diligence in research.

Mine is due to be complete this December, I'm doing the same a SE ROTJ Fett and kind of did like you. I'm getting my own boots, blaster, shin tools, cape, girth belt, and braids myself

Sent from my iPhone

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back