Boba Fett suit/gear sizing issue

atrophical

New Hunter
I've done a bit of searching on the forum, and I honestly can't get a specific answer to this(mainly due to my size)

I know the majority of people that I have met or interacted with in person who are in full gear as Boba Fett, tend to be shorter and smaller in body size. I know some of us might be a little different, since no one has the SAME exact body size. I'm currently 6'4" 1/2 , 265 with a 52" chest. I am a bulky dude, has anyone (roughly my size/height) ever started their own costume and ran into sizing issue's? I've searched the Cargo Hold, sellers, and other's outfits on this forum and seem limited to a certain size/height.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me or could possibly point me in the right direction? Is anyone on this site close to my size and moved forward with their outfit? I'm worried about parts of the costume looking so small on me that the proportion's are WAY off. I'm looked at the helmet options, and they don't see to cause an issue yet, lol.

Just saying thank you in advance if anyone can shed some light.

With your size you should do Vader.................lol

Just a bit of joke. But seriously you will probably do best to fabricate most of the armor yourself. I know of no vendors who make armor that would fit a guy your size. You can use the Wizard of flight patterns and adjust the size to match your frame. Same will go with soft parts.

Most vendors who are really trying to make top notch stuff are going for screen accuracy. Of course screen accurate Jeremy Bulloch is 5'10 to 5'11 and probably 170 lbs. So there is no way that size would ever look right on you.

There may be some of the larger jet packs that you can manage to make work.

With your size you should do Vader.................lol

Just a bit of joke. But seriously you will probably do best to fabricate most of the armor yourself. I know of no vendors who make armor that would fit a guy your size. You can use the Wizard of flight patterns and adjust the size to match your frame. Same will go with soft parts.

Most vendors who are really trying to make top notch stuff are going for screen accuracy. Of course screen accurate Jeremy Bulloch is 5'10 to 5'11 and probably 170 lbs. So there is no way that size would ever look right on you.

There may be some of the larger jet packs that you can manage to make work.

I actually laughed out loud do the Vader aspect, I personally have thought of it but being the fan I am, my hearts with Boba Fett. I was kinda worried to hear that due to my size, lol. Yeah, after meeting Jeremy last weekend, I can see why it was created to his size. At the Con, there were 2 Fett's there, 1 was 501st approved but was basically almost my high, and the other was a tad shorter but bulkier. I never thought to have asked them about it honestly. Well, I guess this build will be harder than I thought. Maybe i'll take a look at those Wizard of Flight patterns and see what material I can find to create them

Thank you!

I actually laughed out loud do the Vader aspect, I personally have thought of it but being the fan I am, my hearts with Boba Fett. I was kinda worried to hear that due to my size, lol. Yeah, after meeting Jeremy last weekend, I can see why it was created to his size. At the Con, there were 2 Fett's there, 1 was 501st approved but was basically almost my high, and the other was a tad shorter but bulkier. I never thought to have asked them about it honestly. Well, I guess this build will be harder than I thought. Maybe i'll take a look at those Wizard of Flight patterns and see what material I can find to create them

Thank you!
I know of one garrison member of mine who is about your size and has an approved ESB Fett on the 501st. Do not be discouraged as with costumes its how the costume looks on you proportionally that matters more then anything else. I personally have seen some badass 5 foot 5 Vaders....it can be done. Just as Mulreel stated you will need to make it yourself. You might be able to scale a 3D print of armor...but I don't know of any currently.

Sent from my SM-G930V

I know of one garrison member of mine who is about your size and has an approved ESB Fett on the 501st. Do not be discouraged as with costumes its how the costume looks on you proportionally that matters more then anything else. I personally have seen some badass 5 foot 5 Vaders....it can be done. Just as Mulreel stated you will need to make it yourself. You might be able to scale a 3D print of armor...but I don't know of any currently.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Really?! Well, that lifts my spirits, I'm going to have to do some research and see what I can find. Maybe,see if anyone can scale it for me. I don't currently have a 3D printer lol.

In the long run, I would love to honestly be approved by the 501st, but like I stated earlier, seemed it would be slim to none unless another character.

I am probably the member crumdrum is taking about. I am 6'4" 245 with a size 13 shoe. Getting armor was one of the harder parts for me. I know redkraytdragon used to make larger sizes armor, but I don't think he does any more. My armor is from Fettpride and it is the larger version (I believe v2 but I could be wrong). The helmet shouldn't be a problem (unless you have a lot of electronics inside). Man of war gauntlets are a little bigger now than the ones I have so that should be ok. Send a pm to Christian (man of war studios) to see when his next run of boots will be starting and see if he can get a larger size made for you (that's what I did). Other than that, you should be good to go. Soft parts are made to your measurements so that won't be an issue (look for Arkady for your flight suit, neck seal and flak vest).
hope this helps.

I am probably the member crumdrum is taking about. I am 6'4" 245 with a size 13 shoe. Getting armor was one of the harder parts for me. I know redkraytdragon used to make larger sizes armor, but I don't think he does any more. My armor is from Fettpride and it is the larger version (I believe v2 but I could be wrong). The helmet shouldn't be a problem (unless you have a lot of electronics inside). Man of war gauntlets are a little bigger now than the ones I have so that should be ok. Send a pm to Christian (man of war studios) to see when his next run of boots will be starting and see if he can get a larger size made for you (that's what I did). Other than that, you should be good to go. Soft parts are made to your measurements so that won't be an issue (look for Arkady for your flight suit, neck seal and flak vest).
hope this helps.
Justin I'd never say that about you...I look up to you (for reference I am 5 foot 5...). The person I was referring to was Tim W. who is about this guys size.

Like Justin said anything is possible if you work long and hard at it. I've seen some awesome looking 6 foot jawas for perspective purposes.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Like crumdrum said, getting everything to look good on you is the biggest thing. There are sellers that can help you out, you will just have to ask around and see who could help.

hope this helps.

This helps out a lot, and yes, I will be using your advice to get things rolling. It is good to see another member that's close to my size actually be available to talk to about this. Thank you for the info and help on where to go for some pieces. I'm gonna have to do some more reading and find who I need to talk to and discuss for soft parts and other items.

Thanks for the heads up Mr Fett, I'm going to have to ask around and see who offers what. I know that Wickedbeard hasn't been active for a while now, and ive seen his cosplay work over the years. Might be a dead end for me there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to say it, but part of the fun in the journey is not just the destination, it's getting there. I've had set backs in my build, then little victories that make you smile. With Wizard of Flights templates, Sintra, heat gun and super glue, you'll be unstoppable! Go forth and conquer!

Well said ! building your Boba is like the game of life.....
I hate to say it, but part of the fun in the journey is not just the destination, it's getting there. I've had set backs in my build, then little victories that make you smile. With Wizard of Flights templates, Sintra, heat gun and super glue, you'll be unstoppable! Go forth and conquer!

Im 6'5 250 and having the same challenge. I am making reg sized armour sort of work but would love an ESB set scaled more to my size. Let me know what if anything you find and i will do the same.

RKD does actually still produce a large armor for builds in the 6'+ range.
Will makes great stuff and I have his large backplate and collar. I'm 6'2" about 230 and it works for me, but I think it might be a tad small on me. Not so bad that I'm posting it for sale. You could buy the backplate and collar like I did and see what you think. If you like the way it looks, buy the rest of the armor from Will (RKD) and proceed. If not, you're not out too much money and guys are always buying back plates in the cargo hold.

Either way, good luck.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back