Boba Fett post sarlac

Can't you wait for the post sarlac armor to be added to the CRL?

• Of coursee!

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • Nahh staying ESB

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Naah staying RotJ

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saw this new poster that is available. It's the first still I think I've found showing him from the waist down.

poster20188-1.jpg

That is awesome.

The last time I actually went out with the whole suit on, my son was almost two (he's nine now), but I'd put the helmet on and took it off several times the week before just to get him used to it being me. The event was my nephew's birthday party, and when I walked into the area with all the kids, everyone's jaw dropped (including my stepsister), but my son ran up and announced, "THAT'S MY PAPA!!!" He had such pride and I was so thankful to be wearing a helmet to obscure my cryface.

My daughter knows his real name, but she refers to the character as "Papa Fett".

That is a beautiful story.

The knee armor is an issue, but I assume they slid down. I don't see it as genie pants as much as like a kilt with pants underneath, almost like Darth Maul in TPM.

Also thank you, and to the others who reacted, for liking that story. I actually still get choked up simply reading my post, heh.

I just don’t like this style of Fett I’m trying but I just don’t dig it at all... maybe if he had a black flightsuit similar to his old one it would look a tad bit better but between the new paint job and those pants I can’t stand it. I wonder if that sarlac pit is still hungry...

I get that, and if you're really married to the look we're all so used to then that complicates it. But what you guys see as Genie pants, I took as the robe pieces hanging over his legs like in Chapter 14. I am constantly wearing kilts on the weekends, so that jumped out as appealing to me. If it is indeed baggy pants like you guys are saying (which I still can't say either way given the single shot of them I picked out), then I still dig that because it reminds me of the hakama worn by Samurai. It would make sense if they did that since the costume department gave Ahsoka hakama as well (along with tabi boots).

Either way, at this point in my costuming hobby, I definitely find myself being more of a comfy-man.

I agree that I don't think he's wearing genie pants and probably are the robes (though they do kinda look like they're tucked into his knee pads?) I do wonder if they were at least inspired by the Mythos Fett... but I deeply wish they had stayed closer to it, especially the color palette...

sideshow_mythos_boba_fett_1527956338_beef6955.jpg

I wonder if repainting the armor was his way of cleansing it of whatever it went through while it wasn't in his possession. He obviously painted it at least once before.

What's odd is they kind of stayed a lot closer to Fetts original costume with Djarin then they did with Fett himself. It may be hanging robes but its really hard to tell in that black mass of material especially with very little screen time. But with it tucked in the knee armor on the left hand leg makes it come off as pants.

If its hanging robe material why is it tucked into knee armor that is half way down the shin. That makes no sense to me at all. Im with spicy fett on this one

Hopefully there are some clear shots in a few days, but either way I've been having a ball trying to figure this costume out. It's something I haven't really devoted time and energy to in several years.

Also, that first shot when they're on the cliff discussing who will accompany Mayfeld is from behind them. You can see the back of something draping over the back of his legs, clearly not part of the pants. Maybe he has hakama pants, but there is also something clearly hanging and not tucked into his boots in the back.

After really looking at that photo it’s definitely tucked into the knee armor and not pants but still a very silly move to tuck it in

His costume will keep changing, in the last episode he had the addition of black gauntlet hoses and pouches appeared on the belt? If he is translated into season 3 it's going to keep on changing, his final form could be closer to the origial look.... time is needed lots of time before we get the full picture.

Attachments

• 20201216_102248.jpg
    20201216_102248.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 178
  • 20201216_102509.jpg
    20201216_102509.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 164
His costume will keep changing, in the last episode he had the addition of black gauntlet hoses and pouches appeared on the belt? If he is translated into season 3 it's going to keep on changing, his final form could be closer to the origial look.... time is needed lots of time before we get the full picture.
And lets hope, that is what will happen... He really needs to get rid of the black. AND needs to get scratched up a little.

Things I've picked up on:

Totally different boots. They're more like Din's, but not exactly and have spats almost like a WW2 boot.
His gloves are Din's but black, along with black armor pieces on the back of the hands.
He has that ammo belt from last week's episode when he is in the cockpit and Din tells him the planet to go to, otherwise it looks like he has a new belt that is sorta like his ESB belt with the little pouches but looked like it has a buckle in the middle. The little pouches aren't the same as what he had before.
The rifle has a lot more bits added, the scope is closer to the body of the rifle, and the fins down the barrel are silver.
Helmet and armor are obviously repainted, but there are still little scratches and wear marks hear and there.
Jetpack looks like ESB markings.
Has the rope/girth belt under the ammo belt, Jango style
The armor vest is now dark brown and the sleeves are a lot shorter. The shoulder bells are no longer attached to that, but rather on the jumpsuit and the short vest sleeves barely hang over the top of the shoulder bells.
Jumpsuit is same dark brown, but still has the long and short sleeves. The short sleeves are a tighter fit than the ESB and ROTJ suits. As mentioned, the shoulder bells are attached to the shorter sleeve rather than the armor vest. I can't tell if the 'robe' parts that drape over the legs is part of this jumpsuit. Also the hood is like a scarf.
He had only one knee armor piece last week but now has both. They appear to have slipped down to his boots when he descends Slave One's ramp.
No cod piece that I could see.

That's it off the top of my head. I'm sure others can get into more detail.
This was a post I made in another thread trying to lost the changes from the OT look. I saw it as dark brown at the time.

Ya I hope he can get a more original look maybe lean more toward ESB but at this point I’ll settle for a little ROTJ
I get why you all want that, but to me... we already had that. It's cool to have a new look. It took me several days to accept this new version after The Tragedy, but as soon as I saw him in The Believer, I was totally sold.

So, I get the dislike for this especially since it is so drastically different from the costumes we've all obsessed over for decades, but it makes a lot of sense to me to have what is essentially 'old man Boba' (even though he should be only a year younger than I am right now, but he's been through the mill for sure).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back