General Boba Fett Armor Comparison Thread

This is great for the new guys.
Is any suit more fitting for larger guys or one suit more screen accurate by size?

The older armor sets are generally larger. Same with some of the helmets. I'd see if RKD still offers his older sets. They're perfect for larger fetts.

- - - Updated - - -

When u say pinch u mene it won't be as wide as the empire mold? I will def follow up with an email since he's has my order already.

The pinch in the brow, in the visor area. I don't know if he has a separate ESB helmet mold. I'd ask him though.

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback. Hopefully we can keep the ball rolling and cover mostly everything. We have enough obsessed fett fans here itching for perfection. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So Sleep is RKD's V.3 between BM's and FP's V.4???? And RKD's V.3 backplate is more in line with BM's size???
Cheeers

Kinda. Certain pieces are different. As for chest armor sizing, RKD's v3 breast plate pieces aren't as "long" as Bobamakers if that makes sense but very similar in size. It is larger than FP v4 chest plates. I haven't had the chance to handle RKD's new v3 backplate yet.

Actually what you've got there Michael is what I personally refer to as my V2.1 (large) kit which is my revised V2 after my V3 (medium/studio scale)...it's the same sculpt only larger for the bigger dudes. That backplate was the last piece of the V2.1 kit that I needed to fix. Here's a comparison pic of the two backplates -
Backplatescomppic_zps2846b715.gif

So Will hope this isn't a silly question as the V3 backplate is scaled down can i assume all other pieces are scaled down accordingly. As the scale of the backplate looks spot on for us 5'8"-5'10" Fetts. Any chance of seeing both versions side by side as I believe this is a significant leap forward. i know there are images with measurements (which is great) but seeing them side by side really helps with the perspective

PS Sleep this is an incredibly helpful thread you have started well done on yr initiative

Not a silly question at all mate.
Both the V2.1 and V3 kits are separate kits and the pieces are scaled accordingly to each other.
As soon as I get a chance to get 2 kits together of the same color, I'll take pics and post them up and send them to sleepalot so he can add them to his first post, if he wishes

Actually what you've got there Michael is what I personally refer to as my V2.1 (large) kit which is my revised V2 after my V3 (medium/studio scale)...it's the same sculpt only larger for the bigger dudes. That backplate was the last piece of the V2.1 kit that I needed to fix. Here's a comparison pic of the two backplates -
Backplatescomppic_zps2846b715.jpg

Very nice looking back plate, thanks for clearing that up.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a silly question at all mate.
Both the V2.1 and V3 kits are separate kits and the pieces are scaled accordingly to each other.
As soon as I get a chance to get 2 kits together of the same color, I'll take pics and post them up and send them to sleepalot so he can add them to his first post, if he wishes

This is a good idea...well....great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took delivery of my Bobamaker v3 Helmet Kit yesterday, I will put it next to my ASOK GMH CC and put up some pics in the next couple of days.
I will say one thing - the workmanship on the BM v3 is fantastic, when he says it's trimmed, primered and ready to paint he means it! I won't have to do anything (apart from add physical damage for the ROTJ SE look), he even put a removable visor in it for me. Top work!

I took delivery of my Bobamaker v3 Helmet Kit yesterday, I will put it next to my ASOK GMH CC and put up some pics in the next couple of days.
I will say one thing - the workmanship on the BM v3 is fantastic, when he says it's trimmed, primered and ready to paint he means it! I won't have to do anything (apart from add physical damage for the ROTJ SE look), he even put a removable visor in it for me. Top work!

Very nice and thanks for helping out. I've been trying to get a hold of one for awhile.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back