Best Armor & Gauntlet materials (and makers)? ABS, Fiberglass, or another?

He makes great gear. Bottom line.
His wait times have always been very undefined and he either ignores you when you ask for a personal update( 5 in 2.5 years, I don't think that that is unreasonable at all). or sends the "yours is on the worktable" response.
Then there is the situation where you see a number of folks get their product, when you paid long before them, some I even helped send his way.
And I guess we could get into the special incentive program where you pay more to expedite your gear, but that didn't reside in his "terms of service" on Facebook. Just something he sent to a few individuals.
You reap what you sow.

He makes great gear. Bottom line.
His wait times have always been very undefined and he either ignores you when you ask for a personal update( 5 in 2.5 years, I don't think that that is unreasonable at all). or sends the "yours is on the worktable" response.
Then there is the situation where you see a number of folks get their product, when you paid long before them, some I even helped send his way.
And I guess we could get into the special incentive program where you pay more to expedite your gear, but that didn't reside in his "terms of service" on Facebook. Just something he sent to a few individuals.
You reap what you sow.
Thank you for providing some detail on service you received. I have RS TK armor, and their responses were about the same. Fortunately they hire help when they need it, to keep wait times down. I wish more vendors did this, or took money at the time its needed.

There's no incentive to complete a project in a particular time frame (or ever) after taking your money, especially with PayPal gift, aside from community reputation.

Its possible they paid extra money.. its also possible they tried to become his friend and kept talking to him about more than "where's my helmet!?". The latter worked well for me for some other costumes, but I won't say vendor names because they really did become friends. :)

If your looking for a jetpack, hit up fettseven. It's a good pack, has a FG body, and for the price it can't be beat, and he can paint it for you.

I've got RKD armor - he gets my respect for a fast turnaround and quality product

My gaunts are Wicked Beard - full metal so I'm sure they're a bit heavier than your regular gaunt. Still they fit me well and no complaints!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back