Animefan CC MR Premium ESB Paint Up WIP

uploadfromtaptalk1441655695825.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441655730443.jpg For some reason I was really nervous about the kill stripes

Ok so now I will be waiting for the ear decals to come in the mail, as I don't want to muck up those parts since I plan on selling the helmet.

This is my first time weathering ANYTHING so hopefully it looks OK!

uploadfromtaptalk1442100297416.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442100319374.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442100335701.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442100352711.jpg

What's the texture supposed to feel/look like on the helmet? I can't remember if it was slightly grainy at all on my last helmet; I'm looking for constructive criticism. I am thinning humbrol paints 1:1, paint to thinner. I'm not sure if I'm painting too far away, or if I'm just not putting enough coats on.
Thanks

Alex

Take some wire wool to it, will smooth it out. With a Satin clear coat following, you'll have the finish you're looking for.

I never posted this before, but I found it when I was going over my Facebook pics getting ready for my GMH.

I am really proud of how it was turning it (now I am least lol) and can't wait to see my improvements on my next helmet!

uploadfromtaptalk1448047480350.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back