Alco switches on gauntlets

MLS

Active Hunter
A question for TDH veterans...

I've seen both 106e & 106f alco switches used, which I'm assuming are just a small size difference. I have a horde of alco 106f plunger style switches that I've been using, though, I keep seeing pairs 106e & 106f toggle switches being used on both esb and rotj gauntlets (right/ hose side). I cant find a definitive answer on which is correct. I know the rotj has plungers on the flamethrower housing, so my concern is simply the right side. Any info would be spectacular. Thanks in advance.

So you're wondering why so many people use the wrong switches?

in my case, I remember years ago seeing basic toggle switches on a bobamaker rotj right gaunt and i took that as the gospel. It wasn't until I got serious about my build and seeing MoM pics, etc that I realized my mistake and located the proper switches.

So you're wondering why so many people use the wrong switches?

in my case, I remember years ago seeing basic toggle switches on a bobamaker rotj right gaunt and i took that as the gospel. It wasn't until I got serious about my build and seeing MoM pics, etc that I realized my mistake and located the proper switches.

I'm not wondering why they use toggles. There's onviously a reason. I still see toggles often, so the question for the vets is:
Is there a reference pic where toggles were used? At that point, I would understand why I still see toggles around.

Yes, those toggles were used on the Supertrooper and the Pre-Pro #1 suits, more exactly each toggle activated the jetpack smoke through one of the thrusters.

Supertrooper:

Boba-Fett-Costume-Screen-Test-03.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-Screen-Test-04.jpg Supertrooper 14.jpg Supertrooper 15.jpg

Video (jetpack smoke at 3:00):

Pre-Pro #1:
PP1 005.jpg PP1 006.jpg

Video (jetpack smoke at 0:08):

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
A question for TDH veterans...

I've seen both 106e & 106f alco switches used, which I'm assuming are just a small size difference. I have a horde of alco 106f plunger style switches that I've been using, though, I keep seeing pairs 106e & 106f toggle switches being used on both esb and rotj gauntlets (right/ hose side). I cant find a definitive answer on which is correct. I know the rotj has plungers on the flamethrower housing, so my concern is simply the right side. Any info would be spectacular. Thanks in advance.

106E is an on/off switch, 106F is a momentary switch :) Visually they are exactly the same. The rest of the info Raf already gave ya :)

FANTASTIC!
So, toggles for ST & PP1...
Plungers the rest?

No. More or less the ESB era suits have the working electronics, so the Supertrooper/Pre-Pro #1 setup was the same (with small differences) on the Pre-Pro #3, ESB Hero and ESB Promo (Pre-Pro #2, Promo #1 and Promo #2) suits.

cause they look similar for a fraction of the price

this is true! BUT i had found these MPE406 switches on e-bay for about 7 bucks each that look exactly like the MPE106E and F except the base is bigger and has like 12 pins lol. Still not as cheap as toggles, but half the price of the correct MPE106 switch. If its just for looks, it works fine, especially on vac'ed gaunts. On resin or glass you'll likely have to dremel out a little more material to get em to fit, but b\they dont really get in the way at all.
MPE_zpseii6dcfz.gif

I use the mpa106f switches for my servo kits. They are momentary which is what I need for the transmitter and the metal collar is smaller than the one on the mpe switch, which makes them a bit easier to install.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back