Absolute and complete Newbie

BennaBuildsBoba

New Hunter
So my kid wants to be Boba Fett, but this Mom is on a budget but still wanted to make something that resembles Boba. Not the amazing work seen here, but its amazing what can be done with foam and bits and pieces.
However after stalking the forums, I will definitely be building a real suit with real and accurate things.

IMG_20151027_210715.jpg

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it. I had no idea this world existed in this magnitude. To be honest (don't shoot me!) I'd never watched the movies until last year. So we're jumping in head first!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it. I had no idea this world existed in this magnitude. To be honest (don't shoot me!) I'd never watched the movies until last year. So we're jumping in head first!

Sadly I have found that a great many people who are in the age groups of about 37 and younger have not seen many iconic and culturally important films. It is really sad. I speak to 20 somethings all the time that have never seen hardly any of the important and influential films. The list usually starts with Star Wars but quickly moves to things like Top Gun, The Wizard of Oz, The Godfather, Cool Hand Luke, Tombstone, Terminator, Batman 89, Alien, The Good The Bad and the Ugly, Unforgiven, Taxi Driver, Shindler's List, Rocky, Psycho, Forrest Gump..........the list goes on and on.

The scary part is not that they have not seen all of them.........they have seen NONE of them. Now they can tell you about Justin Bieber and Katy Perry, but they have not taken part in the cultural literature of the modern age.

so don't feel bad...........you are not alone.

Sadly I have found that a great many people who are in the age groups of about 37 and younger have not seen many iconic and culturally important films. It is really sad. I speak to 20 somethings all the time that have never seen hardly any of the important and influential films. The list usually starts with Star Wars but quickly moves to things like Top Gun, The Wizard of Oz, The Godfather, Cool Hand Luke, Tombstone, Terminator, Batman 89, Alien, The Good The Bad and the Ugly, Unforgiven, Taxi Driver, Shindler's List, Rocky, Psycho, Forrest Gump..........the list goes on and on.

The scary part is not that they have not seen all of them.........they have seen NONE of them. Now they can tell you about Justin Bieber and Katy Perry, but they have not taken part in the cultural literature of the modern age.

so don't feel bad...........you are not alone.

I hear you! I can't stand current pop culture, for the most part. Some of my favorite movies are on that list.

I think times are changing. I was walking around Disney recently and I saw a tremendous amount of Star Wars T-Shirts on a variety of age groups.

IMG_20151030_010939.jpgIMG_20151030_010928.jpgIMG_20151030_010952.jpgIMG_20151030_085801.jpg
Not screen accurate by a long shot but this was so much fun to make!

- - - Updated - - -

I think times are changing. I was walking around Disney recently and I saw a tremendous amount of Star Wars T-Shirts on a variety of age groups.

A big reason is because of Star Wars Land, but my favorite ride has always been Star Tours. So it didn't make sense that I had never watched the movies.

IMG_20151028_232924.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back