3D Scan of GMH Boba Fett Helmet

I think why the community found the MR situation acceptable is because MR lost the license. No person or company could claim and reworked Boba Fett PP3 as their own. So those will the skill (like Fett Pride) then started to sell altered recasts.

In this case the GMH’s rights were properly sold and given to Skyfire. Just like Fett Pride’s molds were sold to Wasted Fett snd animefan.

Slapping on clay and altering that armor is recasting. Plan and simple. Alerting the armor to create Jango Fett armor is recasting.

Buda,
I didn’t slap on clay onto fettprides armor. Please stop. If not directed at me then my apologies.

Andy, very well put. I’ll not move forward until the community is resolved. Thank you.

Last edited:
I think a really big issue is the fact that this isn't a scan of the GMH as it was from production. It's a scan of someone else's cast/rework, I mean it says it in the title "made by Asok". If it was scanned directly from the production asset, I THINK that'd be a different story.

I have been asked to step back in and clarify our position on this. This is the official position of the site.

• We will not stop someone from digital scanning an item any more than we would have stopped someone from putting a set of calipers to an item.

• We will not stop someone from sharing that digital scan any more than we would have stopped someone from sharing a measurement of an item.

• We will stop someone from selling prints or castings from that scan, modified or not if it is another member's creation or if it is an active licensee's product.*
*Please remember that your actions outside the confines of our Communities may affect your membership, so... don't play games if you value your membership here.

Some are sure to disagree with this position. I won't be drug into a protracted and unwinnable argument about what is recasting and what isn't or what is moral and what isn't. As I have stated multiple times and still maintain, this is a grey area and we are being forced to make a judgment call. The above is our judgment. We feel it is reasonable and fair; acknowledging the past but not ignoring the future.

Hopefully I am not misremembering too badly, but I have edited the thread title for greater clarity.

IF I recall correctly, Bill (Asok) bought the rights or bought the molds for the GMH. I honestly don't recall which or exactly how that transaction went down. Many things with FP were fuzzy at best. To the best of my recollection, Bill did not make modifications. If he did, they were slight at best. So, this scan is more or less the GMH helmet, as modified/cleaned up/recast by FP from the original GMH that I lent him. While Bill surely made the casting this scan was created from, I don't think it is fair to attribute the creation of this sculpt to him (or even to FP since he only modified a casting of my helmet and then recast that to create the GMH.

I am not posting any of this to condone or condemn, only in an effort to clarify this history as I remember it. If I am incorrect on any of these points, please feel free to post corrections and I will edit my above statement.

Very well put. I’ve trashed my 3D print and will not further look into it. I cede to it being a recast based on the description of the mods. But I will not cede to wf or budas harassment or frivolous claims that I recast the armor.

Thank you for clearing things up Art! Very much appreciated.

Since I am trying to protect my assets that I’ve purchased that are 100% mine and since things you say on other websites or social media matter, then....

What’s being done here with the the armor you bought from me then? And then you told jamo fett (Daniel) that you were physically going to cut out the damage and put it on the clay

9FD3C207-BDDC-460F-BE76-B7CE5823BFC2.jpeg
9FD3C207-BDDC-460F-BE76-B7CE5823BFC2.jpeg
38D177DC-BB2E-4977-8ACF-64D0657B9B32.jpeg

Ah ok, I see where the confusion is. I mean that I’m using the hero armor as reference(my black dark side armor, which is the only armor I have that was pulled from you that I bought from a member here), as a pure reference only, and going to cut the damage from my clay sculpt of large sized armor and place it on the smaller armor sculpt. As a way of not having to make new damage for the smaller sized armor. I did not mean I was going to cut the damage from the actual hero armor.

I especially like Jamos comment that you’re hard to deal with. Which is exactly the case.

Here is proof to back that up. The damage is not even close to being similar. So once again, your claims are proven false.

Nice to know that you’re respecting Jamo by going through his Instagram. What a great “friend”.

Edit: my bad uploaded a pic with the wrong armor reference.

Attachments

• EA6A7E4A-8420-4D8D-8169-C8E6A824DB77.jpeg
    EA6A7E4A-8420-4D8D-8169-C8E6A824DB77.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 408
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 393
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Actually jamo was playing good cop and that message was sent to a group of people including a couple moderators here. He’s the one that noticed and notified us. Thanks

Actually jamo was playing good cop and that message was sent to a group of people including a couple moderators here. He’s the one that noticed and notified us. Thanks

Perfect, glad I could clear things up! What a great community this is!

Last edited:
Its literally cheaply cut plastic in the general shape of armor. Nothing different then using a mannequin to place clay on.
Happy?

Attachments

• IMG_5559.JPG
    IMG_5559.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 375
  • IMG_9087.JPG
    IMG_9087.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 363
I believe that the concern over the plastic you're using under the clay is that it appears to be a painted rotj set of armor. I know that the right chest plate caught my attention when you originally posted that image on IG.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back