hero panel

hero panel

[FONT=Georgia]Hi to all, I'm new here and just in the early stages of preparing to build my[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]own hic. I've obviously been doing lots of research into the build and on[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]watching Empire it appears there are 2 hero panels, one with control knobs(top[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]right) and an identical one but without control knobs (top left). Why does no[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]one use the second (top left) of these panels in their builds?[/FONT]

From
    Omaha, Nebraska

Re: hero panel

Seen this over on the HIC builders group. Did you get some answers there?

Hi Sambren88, I got one answer which said there weren't any full shots of the panel to be able to copy it and that it looks like it was only used for a close up. I don't believe this, why would they go to the lengths of making a second working panel only to then remove it? I'm guessing the panel either got damaged/lost or stolen between empire and jedi and was replaced with a more basic panel

From
    Omaha, Nebraska

rebelpilot said: View Post
    [FONT=Georgia]Hi to all, I'm new here and just in the early stages of preparing to build my[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]own hic. I've obviously been doing lots of research into the build and on[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]watching Empire it appears there are 2 hero panels, one with control knobs(top[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]right) and an identical one but without control knobs (top left). Why does no[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]one use the second (top left) of these panels in their builds?[/FONT]
    Can you take a screen shot from the movie and throw it up on here?

The best photo only shows the top of the panel but as you can see it appears to be the same as the hero panel except for the missing knobs and the individual top lights are just blanks. The second picture is not very clear as it is at distance, but you can see the red glow of the numeric displayshero-panel-2-jpgfull-hero-panel-2-jpg

From
    Oklahoma City

I am planning on having a panel with lights on each side. I think the original started out that way but got damaged or lost over time and was changed like you said.

I'm going for two lit panels and if people think that's wrong then they are entitled to their opinion, but you can't argue with what is on the screen!