1. Nov 12, 2010, 6:42 PM - E-11 Stormtrooper riffle #1

So a while back I thought it would be fun to be build an E11 for my kid, but the kind folks at talked me out of it. They said it was too much gun/glue for a little 2 year old to play with. They convinced me just to get Han's blaster and do a paint job on it. Which I did... but now I still have the E-11 unfinished.

I don't want to just paint it, I'd rather mod it, but are my only options the $40 doopy doos? I got both the guns on ebay and I just cant see paying that much for a toy that I am just going to play with my son with...

Or should I just suck it up and buy it when my wife is not looking?
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Nov 12, 2010, 7:20 PM - Re: E-11 Stormtrooper riffle #2

my modded hasbro

depends - if you only playing with your kid - why do you need to mod it at all? its not like he is gonna criticise the inaccuraies of it?
    very difficult to get teh Hasbro mod looking accurate - Doopys kit helps, but if you are gonna make an investment for a screen accurate look - just pay a bit mroe and get Doopy's 26 parts kit for pipe conversion and keep the toy for your kid

my 2 pence

4. Nov 12, 2010, 7:27 PM - Re: E-11 Stormtrooper riffle #3

why mod it? I like the look of the E-11....
  5. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Nov 12, 2010, 9:28 PM - Re: E-11 Stormtrooper riffle #4

thats what I mean; if you read through my question above - you have to decide if the Hasbro E-11 is going to be for YOU or for your KID. And what purpose - for playing or for trooping. I like the Hasbro mods - but I accept that (1) its not accurate; but (2) it is cheap so if a kid plays with it at a troop and breaks it, it isnt such a big deal

- If its for your kid - no need to mod, as the mods wont last with a kids playing. and it gets quite heavy.

- If its for you - you can mod it, but it will never be accurate to a screen used one; its pretty good, and will get you 501st clearance if you want to. But instead of dropping the $40 for just the greebs to mod a standard Hasbro - you pay a bit more, and can get the greebs (again from Doopy) to do a far more accurate pipe build.
  6. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Nov 12, 2010, 9:52 PM - Re: E-11 Stormtrooper riffle #5

Quote Heatshock said: View Post

- If its for you - you can mod it, but it will never be accurate to a screen used one
    I know a lot of people sweat this accuracy issue, but I gotta be honest... I have seen some of the real E-11 props used in ROTJ for background action and I have to tell you they look like junk... worse than a toy. Now of course, what is held up as canon to be aspired to are the hero beauties mostly made for ANH and you can certainly spend a pretty penny to get that look, but there are plenty of "screen-used" guns that are not any better than a painted hasbro in my opinion. That aside, if a kid is going to be playing with it, then its probably best that the orange plug stays on it anyway, so it seems accuracy is not even a possibility from the start. What I would love to have is the original toy E-11 I had when I was a kid. That one had the folding stock on it. I curse the garage sale that saw that one go for 50 cents. Thanks ma!