I'm new and joined up because I've begun work on my custom mando suit.
But a little about me first. I'm from Orange County (La Habra/Fullerton) but also live in Glendale. I currently go to Fuller Theological Seminary where I'm studying to become a pastor (pursuing my masters right now). As a SW fan pretty much all my life, I don't know why I never did much in the way of costuming, but I have a nice set of Jedi robes and am just now starting to do the mando. I hope to one day have Jedi (x), Mando (in progress), Rebel Pilot, Clone Trooper Phase II, Imperial Officer and maybe Stormtrooper costumes... but we'll see.
As it is right now, I purchased the armor pieces from another fan. Its a red and black schemed Mando so I decided it'll be a sniper.
Here's a pic of the helmet (talking to BM for a T-Visor)
Anyways, here's what I have so far:
- Armor which includes helmet, chest, shoulders, groin, thigh, knees, ankles
- A black jumpsuit (got from military surplus store)
- a Couple of pouches
- Cloth/Leather for Vest
What I still need to work on is
- The Vest
- Painting remaining armor pieces (some aren't finished)
- Jet Pack (want it smaller similar to Commander Cody)
- Gauntlets (custom... not sure how I'll do these as I can't cast it...)
- Sniper Rifle (probably made from wood/pvc)
- Pistols (same)
- Kama (made from vest material)
So that's the plan right now... I'll post pics as I can in the other sections (after I get to intermediate or full member status)
Also, if you trade hasbro action figures or other stuff, look me up at rebelscum.com or PM me here! I won't be incredibly active... just as my studies and stuff permits
See ya on the boards