Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Jun 12, 2007, 9:49 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #76

I would assume she is taken.
    Jun 12, 2007, 9:56 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #77

Love it!
    Jun 13, 2007, 9:52 AM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #78

Rotton--

First, great work of course! I saw some random pics of C4 and believe I saw a few of you. I recognized the armor from the Insider images too! Your hard work definitely shows!

You are probably THE person I need to talk to about a Femme Mando...I have read from several sites that Sintra is the stuff to use, but you also use bondo from your descriptions. I have never used either medium and have never tried an armor costume, but Sintra seems like it would be fairly easy to use. I'm bigger than a "B" too , so the chest plate is something I really had no idea how to start on.

(To some other comments in this thread--if only I were lucky enough to have "Star Wars spouse" LOL)

Thanks for posting your progress pics. It's great to see a start-to-finish
    Jun 13, 2007, 2:33 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #79

I just had a quick question....You dont wanna marry me do ya?
    Thats not the first proposal on this forum... LOL!!

Rotton, you did a fantastic job on your outfit in a short amount of time.

Can`t wait to see more pics of it from more outings...

Jun 13, 2007, 3:15 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #80

Thats not the first proposal on this forum
    Well, to be fair, I also asked Tk409, but he shot me down.
  6. Member Since
    Dec 2003
    Jun 13, 2007, 3:46 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #81

Hey, you can't be blamed for trying! And Darth Taiter 79, sintra is the basis, and the bondo is used to smooth/round out, to hide transitions (seams) to give that one piece look. Bondo is really not that hard to work with, just a lot of sanding and dusty! I would get some and play with it. I am sure there are tutorials on bondo'ing. PM me if you have more qustions on that or anything really! I like the Sexy mando idea, but would be a lot of work for what you get. Couldn't wear it very often. Probably spend that time on some other projects. But maybe there is an easy way to do it. It would be fun to do. Who knows!
    Jun 14, 2007, 5:09 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #82

Quote Jodo Kast 3 said: View Post
    Thats not the first proposal on this forum... LOL!!

I KNOW my next husband will HAVE to be a Star Wars fan (better yet Mando fan), there's no getting around that. lol

Rotton, THANKS! I will probably throw some more Q's your way. For now, I might try that too: get some bondo/sintra and play around a bit to get a feel for the materials.
    I'm not much for cleavage-showing, so I'll be going for a more "conservative" Femme Mando look LOL
    Jun 14, 2007, 7:45 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #83

Quote DarthTaiter79 said: View Post
    I KNOW my next husband will HAVE to be a Star Wars fan (better yet Mando fan), there's no getting around that. lol

Rotton, THANKS! I will probably throw some more Q's your way. For now, I might try that too: get some bondo/sintra and play around a bit to get a feel for the materials.
    I'm not much for cleavage-showing, so I'll be going for a more "conservative" Femme Mando look LOL
    I would think most Mandalorian men would be turned off by the fact that a Mando woman would leave such a vital spot of her body such as the chest vulnerable to attack for the sake of personal vanity. That's just my take on it.
  9. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Jun 14, 2007, 7:56 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #84

Ok, thats classic lol! I keep trying to entice my GF to not be a Zabrak assassin and be a Zabrak femm-mando.
  10. Member Since
    Dec 2003
    Jun 14, 2007, 9:21 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #85

Well sure Mando armor would not have a big cleavage spot open, but that would just for fun for cons and such. Hey there are no girl TK's or TI's or whatever for real, (well by real I mean, well you know, not in the movies and stuff..) but that doesn't mean that armor looks bad or can't be worn here and there and look hot, even if it's not really "functional". That is one of those things.. Some people love the sexy/slutty/hot armor look, some hate it and think girls should just wear regular armor! But boob showing in just about any kind of get-up draws attention and has that advantage I guess. And sometimes you have to slowly introduce your Sig. Other into these things.. Like spotting or hanging with the other people in their position, trying on different armor/gear and such.
    Jun 14, 2007, 9:48 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #86

Im still trying to get mine to come near/in my SW based room.
    Jun 14, 2007, 9:59 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #87

Quote Rotton said: View Post
    Well sure Mando armor would not have a big cleavage spot open, but that would just for fun for cons and such. Hey there are no girl TK's or TI's or whatever for real, (well by real I mean, well you know, not in the movies and stuff..) but that doesn't mean that armor looks bad or can't be worn here and there and look hot, even if it's not really "functional". That is one of those things.. Some people love the sexy/slutty/hot armor look, some hate it and think girls should just wear regular armor! But boob showing in just about any kind of get-up draws attention and has that advantage I guess. And sometimes you have to slowly introduce your Sig. Other into these things.. Like spotting or hanging with the other people in their position, trying on different armor/gear and such.
    I know, I meant that comment kinda tongue in cheek. I'm sure noone will complain...
    Jun 15, 2007, 10:54 AM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #88

Nope, I don't think the guys would complain much

Rotton, again, just amazing work! I finally got to see ALL of the pics (my comp/connection is slow sometimes), but I was wondering how you got the "worn paint" look? I've had that happen by accident before working on a costume prop, but to repeat the process--I wouldn't know how to keep the rest of the paint from coming off.
  14. Member Since
    Dec 2003
    Jun 15, 2007, 3:41 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #89

Well I was actually asked my a member here to make some kind of tutorial! Cool! Most of the stuff I did I was from a few pointers I read here and there, experience from other costume building, but mostly just had at it until I got it how I wanted. (I still want to change/fix some things). I weathered it with the yellow mustard technique. Which is layering paint with mustard as a mask. kinda. I'll pm ya!
  15. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Jun 15, 2007, 4:06 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #90

It's definitely tutorial worthy =D Especially after the recent posts I've seen about people needing femm armor...as well as my own need to learn how to put it together for my GF =D

So yeah, anticipating a how-to!
    Jun 17, 2007, 8:02 AM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #91

cool looking armor
  17. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jun 17, 2007, 7:15 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #92

I'm not much for cleavage-showing,
    I am

anyway....
    would it be out of line to inquire as to you actual cup size? (you can pm me, or tell me to buzz off openly)
    mrs.slave1pilot is doing a Custom (showing cleavage of course) & I'm a little stumped as to how to start her chest armour.
    I have thought about doing a life-cast myself (nope, I don't need any help) but if a similar one already exists why go through the hassle?

You did a wonderful job on the costume & feel free to post pics & get to work on that tutorial
    Jun 19, 2007, 10:38 AM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #93

So is my husband
    but I can just see him rolling his eyes at costuming anyway. I was lucky to get him to actually dress up as V from V for Vendetta last year for Halloween(first time he got into a costume and I crafted his prop knives and belt )

Yeah, Rotton, you would be great at a tutorial! Thanks for the tips so far!
  19. Member Since
    Dec 2003
    Jun 19, 2007, 9:43 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #94

Ya on that tutorial.. I am not sure where I can go with that. I t seems a lot what I did is already in pics.. I mean I have from scratch gauntlets pics, a few belt ones, the legs and knees, and some more, but I guess I feel it (mostly!) was put together like any other mando or costume.. make pieces, paint, attach, you know? It seems like the knowledge of how to do that stuff is already out there. I guess I could still post pics in order with text of how I did it.
  20. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Nov 6, 2007, 12:37 AM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #95

Rotton,
    ever get that Tutorial going?
    or how about making the chest armour ava
    ilable?
  21. Member Since
    Dec 2003
    Nov 8, 2007, 3:45 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #96

I will be pulling like 4-8 chests here soon, will keep you updated. And I guess I need to get some kind of tutorial going!
  22. Nov 8, 2007, 5:07 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #97

Quote Rotton said: View Post
    I will be pulling like 4-8 chests here soon, will keep you updated. And I guess I need to get some kind of tutorial going!
    Can I help pull the chests?
  23. Member Since
    Dec 2003
    Nov 9, 2007, 2:21 AM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #98

HAHAHA! funny an stuff! Well reading back through here, this IS basically a tutorial.. Like I said before, I have a few pics of the gauntlets coming together, maybe the knees, the thigh molds and such, but I don't see much that isn't here. I went into the mustard paint weathering, could do a little more there I guess? How about I just post whatever pics I have that are not already here! Looking foward to seeing these other Femm armor come together!
  24. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Nov 9, 2007, 6:31 AM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #99

I think posting more of your "In the Making" pics would be awesome Rotton!
    Nov 9, 2007, 12:20 PM - Re: Vhonte Tervho build #100

I'll post mine when I get far enough...