Trash Can Helmet?

From
    Kent, WA

Trash Can Helmet?

I was curious if it was possible to make trash can helmets (Mando or Otherwise) similar to the way you would make a fiberglass one? or is that done differently? would it be possible to use a hot glue gun for the seams/joints? would it hold? or possibly rivet the pieces together using small 1"x1.5" strips of plastic or metal for the connecting piece to put the rivets in and then use epoxy to fill the small gap??? has anyone ever done this before?

the reason i can't use fiberglass resin or whatnot is because i don't know all that much about it, and am not sure i have the necessary tools for it. and i cant use sintra due to the fact that i don't live within 3 hours of any sintra/plastic supplier and even if i did i have no transportation.. but now Trash cans.. you can buy those almost everywhere and i have a walmart/kroger store within 15 minutes. anyways.. if anyone can hit me back and let me know.

From
    Kent, WA

Re: Trash Can Helmet?

Never Mind!!! I just found a Thread that said DONT USE Trashcan Plastic For Helmet... Sorry I Didnt catch it sooner!

From
    Wisconsin

you CAN however use a bucket... such as 5-gallon homer buckets (Home Depot) for mando helmets. I'm trying to do that with WoF templates.

tankboy please tell me how that bucket thing works out for you, because I have the same problem that sithduelist has, and I can make the rest of Fett's armor but the helmet.

From
    Delft, Netherlands

Well, I'm making a mandalorian helmet with an army inner helmet, two buckets and some thin (1 mm) plastic. I posted pics here: first build

I have made 5 difrent mando helmets usinr 4lt and 10 ltr plastis paint bucketsand they have turned out great but for the domes ive used difrent helmets ie base ball bating helmets like showen on the Wof templates at the moment i am making one using the dome from the hasbro boba fett voice changer helmet the dome is the only part worth using.