Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Skirata for me

Re: Skirata for me

Ah, No, it's not three seperate blades like a Sai, it's kinda like a pyramid blade: ie one blade with three edges as opposed to the normal two.

I'm making the flak vest from scratch, at the moment, I'm just using regular brown material.
    As Kal'buir is a Jango era mando, I'm giving him Jango era armour and gauntlets with modificiations for the knife (hence my posts in the Jango forum)

Ah so it's a CIA letter spike then. Throwable small. I am going to hold out for a leather bomber to make into my vest. But I will start working on my armor this weekend. Whaddya think leg armor or no? The books kinda have the feel that Vau has a more complete set I.E. Jango and Kal,buir has more of the scout or stealth type like Fett? The pics have a black under suit or at least arms for the jumpsuit ( hence my choice of black flight suit.) It will be cool to see. First I gotta get my hands on a cheap bucket though so I can fiberglass it from the inside and then paint it.

Elsewhere Karen has given more of a description for those who want to costume him, saying a Charcoal flightsuit, and Jango style armour (so yes to shins and thighs)

I think a letter spike might be a little small, I got the impression that it was a little chunkier than that (as it's described as being 15cm long)
    Karen Traviss said:
    The knife is 15 cm long. I’m trying to find a pic for you – my dad had one that he brought back from Egypt when he was serving out there in the army

I guess so. We'd need karen to say for definate either way though.
    Nice find though.

yep those are the old cia letter spikes. They renamed them but that's what they are. Guess I am going to be making a full set of armor then. Hmm charcoal... unfortunately 501st goes by visual references and there's only really 2 of them( with and without the helmet). Guess wait charcoal...is darkened grey or lightened black right... or is there a different source of flightsuits I missed out on??

Charcoal tends to be considerred the line between grey and black.

Wookiegunner.
    The dagger in the link you posted looks like the old OSS spike daggers. Also about 7 inches long. I have seen them with a sheath that fits on the forearm.

Yep, good old charcoal. I plan to have a charcoal colored vest.

Man, I'm really getting the urge to make a Kal'buir costume! So many costumes, so little time...and money!

So a grey thay I lightly dye black.. easy. How about belt the book says he has a belt and boots it says he hides a hold out blaster in the cuff of his boot. Is that inner cuff ( difficult spot to hide a blaster but not impossible ) or cuff as in the superhero captain america pirate type boots?

I'd say inner cuff.
    I've hidden BB guns in a pair of DMs are airsoft games, so it's not impossible.

Having said that, I think the section where he does that, he's wearing civvies and not his armour / flightsuit. So that may be a moot point.
    Belt would be similar to Jango or Boba, with some yet to be revealed leather girth belt...
    (Even mando's do laundry...)

It will be really cool to see how diferently our Kal'buir costumes come out. I look forward to it.

TENT SPIKE it's 3 sided comes in plastic so it can be molded or converted to whatever size you want. Just add handle. BWhahahahaahh

Oooh now THAT's an idea.
    Cheers mate.

When I think of a 3 sided knife I think of the old musket bayonets

From
    somewhere on an unknown battlefield...

The knife was inpired by a bayonet knife her father brought back home from his tour of duty in Egypt I think it was. The book says it's 15 centimeters long overall, which is roughly 6 inches long, or when using a conversion calculator:

15 centimeter = 5.905 511 811 inch

I was modeling one in CAD, but I haven't touched it in a while. I was gonna make one and send it to Karen, but school and work got most of my time.

From
    If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Ah ha!!! I had the ssame thought. Thats what i'd go with.

I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    From
    San Diego, CA

This topic is more than 2 years old guys. Just a heads up.

not now, it LIVES AGAIN!

MUAHAHAHAHAH

From
    Appleton, Wisconsin

Hey all just because I have an Idea of how to make the 3 sided knife in my head, look up a M1917 Trench Fighting Knife, I'd post pics of it myself but I'm at work and can't, my dad has one, they were made from cut down Trapdoor Bayonets.

From
    somewhere on an unknown battlefield...

From
    Mississippi

Robert Hedricksons work is great & he's a cool guy to boot.
    I love the old sgt. Here is a third ref for anyone interested in Kal & Walon it's done by Tom Hodges ( the artist who did the first Insider article art ).
    Enjoy.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfla...5&o=93&fpart=4