Sep 9, 2009, 11:40 PM - Re: SAS Mando
Man vs. Wild is another good one!
Sep 9, 2009, 11:48 PM - Re: SAS Mando
Watching it right now. Bear is awesome.
Sep 10, 2009, 7:48 AM - Re: SAS Mando
he he I think it because of similar tastes in TV... or maybe because they're your basic manshows! lol
Sep 10, 2009, 3:15 PM - Re: SAS Mando
Wow. Just wow.Were you going for Counter-Terrorism squad or Regular Force squad?
Sep 10, 2009, 4:52 PM - Re: SAS Mando
umm... yeah I was going for the multi-role SAS... with a definate CT basis... due to my preference for that particular mission.
Sep 11, 2009, 8:12 AM - Re: SAS Mando
Hmm, in that case I'd go for the grey camo style.
Sep 12, 2009, 12:05 PM - Re: SAS Mando
hmm hard decision. I like #2 and #4. I dont really like the tan camo because in the COD4 game I dont think i ever saw them wearing tan camo... Though unless your trying to build it more like the real SAS. i dunno
Sep 12, 2009, 1:59 PM - Re: SAS Mando
Go for 4
Sep 12, 2009, 3:09 PM - Re: SAS Mando
Nevu, the only reason you didnt see any Tan Camo in COD4 is because the SAS in COD4 were the Counter-Terror division, and they wore the black-kit. Tan Camo is used for the regulare SAS, the ones that fight with the ordinairy troops in Afganhistan or wherever those brave souls are right now.
Sep 12, 2009, 4:06 PM - Re: SAS Mando
yes Pacx precisely... however I must point out that that's Olive Drab... not tan...lol might wanna adjust ur screen settings ner vod! lmao
Sep 12, 2009, 4:08 PM - Re: SAS Mando
I'm liking the Urban camo tho because I want ppl to associate it with SAS, and I still want a multi-role mando, not just a CT specialist... even tho I LOVE that mission.
Sep 13, 2009, 3:26 PM - Re: SAS Mando
Sep 13, 2009, 3:31 PM - Re: SAS Mando
lol yeah that one seems to be the most popular... I think that's the one I'm going with.
Sep 13, 2009, 8:37 PM - Re: SAS Mando
Meh, I'mma gonna need an eye test.
...like i trust a USAF air crew person type chap who sits in the back of a windowless plane with no crossword to tell me how the SAS dress... lmao.
Sep 13, 2009, 8:47 PM - Re: SAS Mando
So THAT'S why they call me 'Scorch'
You may or may not get that.
Sep 13, 2009, 8:49 PM - Re: SAS Mando
I got it...
Sep 13, 2009, 9:00 PM - Re: SAS Mando
I was hoping you would
Sep 13, 2009, 9:18 PM - Re: SAS Mando
he he u guys r nuts! lol I met a SAS captain once... he looked rather normal to me. Except for the fact that he was nuts! lol
Sep 13, 2009, 9:27 PM - Re: SAS Mando
I think I'm gonna go against everyone here and say I like #5 the best. In my opinion the darker ones would look too much like real life "Earth" soldiers. #5 still has a mando feel to it.
But it's your costume so ultimately it is up to you
Sep 14, 2009, 8:07 AM - Re: SAS Mando
hehe Kal'ika, if you ever come to England, visit Herefordshire, where the SAS are based. Walk into a local bar and you'll run into at least 30,000,000,000 SAS members. Most are sergeants.
Sep 14, 2009, 4:44 PM - Re: SAS Mando
yeah I thought that's where they were HQ'd at... lol yeah they're all fine gents. I wouldn't hesitate to fight alongside 'em, but I don't wanna fight against 'em.
Sep 15, 2009, 6:11 PM - Re: SAS Mando
ok this is posted in my other thread as well... but I need help from my vode! I am going to be working on some new custom gauntlets... saw some stuff over on the mandalorian mercs where a vod scratchbuilt his gaunts from cardboard boxes and made 'em look good. That's what I'm going to try, using cardboard this time instead of the dang plastic signs. So... I need a few bits of wisdom and knowledge from you:
1. When glassing... what's the best way to go about it? I want to be able to glass it and keep my level of detail, so how do I need to set that up? Exagerate the details or what?
2. I want to use a Nerf Maverick to dissassemble and attach to the top in a rebuilt tri-shot configuration (will sketch and show later). I want to be able to rig this thing up so that it will still be able to shoot darts... from all 3 barrels! So I need help figuring out how exactly to do this and make it look good.
3. I want to add some Predator blades to my gaunts that I can sling out and they will not lock, but will sort of friction lock themselves into the closed position until deliberately opened, sort of like a collapsible baton only it will not lock itself into the extended position, I want to be as safe as humanly possible while still looking totally wicked.
4. I need to be able to shape this stuff prior to glassing and still keep the shape, and I need to be able to attach a few hoses here and there for proper appearance, what's the best way to achieve both.
5. The left gauntlet will also have a built in LED flashlight ($20 @ Walmart) to provide "tactical illumination" and I need help figuring out how to attach it while still having the ability to change the batteries and bulbs if I need to.
6. Anyone want to do this for me?!! lol jk jk, Any other suggestions you may have that I have overlooked or am unaware I need to be asking about... feel free to add it in!
Sep 15, 2009, 6:26 PM - Re: SAS Mando
I also want to add in some LED lights and a display maybe.
Sep 15, 2009, 6:34 PM - Re: SAS Mando
Hey Kal, here's how to do your predator blades...