Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Apr 9, 2008, 6:41 PM - My Spouse's Barbarian Mando's Beginnings. #1

So her Fang Arrived. And she started the butchery. But I likes it.

Her overall plans, reshape the cheeks with the cuts she made, add horns, add a horsetail, and add either an upside down ear assembly or a variant style RF similar to that used by one of the Mercs clans, fill in the dent, fill in the turn signals, greeble over the keyslots.

So far the cutting has commenced and the horns have been hot glued, next the glue will be trimmed with an exacto knife and when the dent gets filled the horns will get a bondo smoothing of their edges,

Today we go to get her tail...

Pics!

Front shot

If she does the upside down ear it will go on this side...

Before we can grind this ear flat which is happening no matter what we have to fill the depression on the inside with clear resin.

She started when we realized that

A back shot to show you how much shorter the helm is (still sits beneath her jawline)

We had to cast the RF female ear right off the helm so we did it with a simple clay depression. Filled with clear casting resin

Once pulled

As you can guess she is a much lighter Mando build than I am.

For her shoulders she will be having a pair of these made but in a different color and without the ivy, we have talked to the leatherworker who makes them. You can probably see she is going for a barbarian Mando.

Allora
    *briikase*
    Apr 9, 2008, 7:14 PM - Re: My Spouse's Barbarian Mando's Beginnings. #2

Awesome I love the incorporating of the horns to helmet, I've done that on a few of mine.
    Apr 10, 2008, 4:55 AM - Re: My Spouse's Barbarian Mando's Beginnings. #3

ok, i totally just about hyperventilated when i saw the cut up sgtfang. but after a few moments i calmed back down. it's looking pretty good. those pauldrons are freakkin sweet! later this summer i may have to bug 99centTaco and see if he could make a set.