Fixing Custom Mando Helmet

From
    Glendale and Orange County CA

Fixing Custom Mando Helmet

Hi guys, I'm a noob here as I'm just starting out on my Mando outfit. Hopefully I posted this in the right area (Mods, if not, please feel free to move it).

So I bought a mando kit from someone probably a year ago (who got it second hand I believe), and I... I broke it.

It was in a box in a closet waiting to be assembled and I must not have laid it on an even surface. There's no T-Visor assembly yet, so it was a bit flimsy and the left side moved up a bit. Well I tried pulling a bit down on it and it tore a line all across the helmet!

Anyone have a solution for fixing it? I believe the material is PVC, but I'm not really sure about that. It smells like Epoxy...

Anyhow, I was thinking of getting epoxy or PVC glue and glueing it back together and then heating it up (via hair dryer?) on the area that needs to be pulled back down a bit.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!
    Brett

PS - I'll get some pics posted later... I'll have to resize em due to size constraints. For now you can see them at:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfla...part=1#3449637

formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    From
    Manchester, England

Re: Fixing Custom Mando Helmet

Can't say without seeing photos, but should be fixable. You can maybe put something beind it, styrene? and bond it, then use a filler on the outside to repair any damage........photos would be good here.

From
    Roanoke, TX

A fiberglass repair kit would work as well as some bondo and wetsanding. What is the helmet made of?

From
    Glendale and Orange County CA

here are the pics. I'm not sure of the material. I know its originally white, maybe a resin cast? My guess was PVC... I'm not very knowledgable about this. I just know it smells like epoxy...

This last one really is a bigger crack. I just didn't want to open it up further...