Please note that I am partially ducking too, if I were standing straight up, you wouldnt see the dome lol
Thanks bro, you're awesome! the helmet doesn't look small on you, it looks just right.
and man my room is full of geeky stuff too, haven't had a love interest since 2004
oh and I wouldn't want to pick a fight with you lol
Wow, that is a nice helmet
Buen trabajo!!!! & FELICITACIONES!!!!, como decimos en mi pais, BUENISIMO CHE!!!!
Good work!!!! & CONGRATULATIONS!!!!, as we say in my country, BUENISIMO CHE!!!
I'm finishing up my Bobamaker Jango right now...what did you do to keep the pinstripes straight when putting them on? This is the one part that I'm thinking might be a problem.
Thanks mate! I didn't post any "build" pics cause there are already several threads on that. I will post the finished product in a couple days. Trying to get it all done by H day. Jet Pack too. It will be finished but I'm in the crunch..and to think I started all this in July. Where did the time go?
Also, could you show and tell on the method used to secure your visor?
Last edited by Rupidupe; Oct 25, 2008 at 10:53 PM.
lol There never is enough time. As for the visor, like I said above, I had a really hard time with this one. I use hotglue to secure it in. Im being honest in that this is not as clean looking as I tried to get it.
What I do, is just use a heat gun and gradually form it by pressing it into one side of the helmet (from the inside of course). After I feel it is properly shaped, I'll use the hotglue to secure it in one side first, so that after that is in, I can adjust the other mandible, which will always be slightly flexible. I for the most part use "beads" of hotglue first, so that if there are any alignment issues with the mandibles, that I can easliy remove it.
Like I said, this is no where as clean as I wanted to get it. Just too many issues trying to get it in
Maybe that's not the cleanest way to attach the visor but I think that it's the way to go, why? because it's the easiest and cheaper system.
Alright. Began the RF assembly today. I have the stalk attached to the RF post, and I attached the bolts to the ears, with the corrosponding holes on the helmet. They are JB welded in and I need to let them sit overnight.
Meanwhile, my stupid cat thought my brand new can of royal blue was a play toy, and broke the nozzle, and in turn, somehow resulted in the can going off on me, with out any nozzle on it. Needless to say, my hands are still very blue despite over an hour of scrubbing. I am very frustrated about this, and I need to repaint the RF box now issed:
Alright, if everything goes as it should, I should be done with this helmet this week!!
looking good man.
Well, I actually got alot done today then I expected to. The ear/bolt construction is complete and works. I just gotta paint the inside of the ear to "clean" up the look of it. JB weld is not a pretty color on...well just about anything.
There was also a lapse in the cold weather, and I was able to finish painting the RF box. So all that is left for me to do, is just paint the inside of the ear piece, JB Weld the RFstalk/box to the ear, and then weather the setup, and thats it!
Goin to post a pic in a sec, once the batteries charge..died right when I was about to take a pic.grrrrrrrr.
Sorry for the delay, the pics I promised! This is how it will look completly finished (minus the weathering). Just remembered that I need to do the keyslot vent mesh!
This is the inside, to show how the bolts are holding it all together. I may change it up..the look of it does appeal to me too well..
Glad you approve!
me likey, me likey alot.
WOW, that cool
Helmet is going to be done tonight, however, my internet at home is out...so I'm using another comp. to post this..nerts..