Subscribe
    Jun 16, 2011, 11:12 AM - General helmet Question? #1

Heyllo fellow Cosplayers!
    I am a new member to this site, even though i am a somewhat intermediate cosplayer and have been referencing this great site for a while now! Please forgive me if this is the hundreth time you have read this post. I have many projects on the go atm, mostly barely started (iron man mk VI, Arthas menethil, darth revan) as well as various bits and other pieces, But my main question, , ,

I have a few templates and whatnot on creating bobafett helmets, but In the next few weeks, when I'm finishing off a few of my other projects (not necessarily mandolorian related) I will be needing some helmets and would really like to source them from somewhere rather than making them myself. My question is,
    "Where can u buy small quantities of a base helmet that i could alter for each costume?"
    I am capable of making them if i must, but it would save me alot of time if i could just buy 3 or 4 generic helmets to modify at my desire.

Like I said sorry if this post is a repeat, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you
    Jordonatron
    Jun 16, 2011, 12:43 PM - Re: General helmet Question? #2

Hey Jordon, if you check ebay out you can find some people who make some pretty decent custom helmets from time to time. Price range from $74.99 to $150 generally, I just seen a Merc Helmet sell on ebay not to long ago which is a good one to buy. I won a bid on some helmets not to long ago and got 3 helmets for $127, and they are in great shape. If this helps ?
    Jun 16, 2011, 10:01 PM - Re: General helmet Question? #3

Hey mate,
    thanks for the suggestion, that would seem the most obvious place to look wouldn't it? Completely skipped my mind.
    I have scoured most of ebay, but the results are coming up dry atm. Maybe i just need to wait and keep checking. Who did u buy those helmets off if u can remember? I might try and contact him