Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    Jan 16, 2014, 2:05 PM - Re: Supreme Edition Boba Fett Costume (Modifications?) #51

Quote charleslynch said: View Post
    do you guys think that doing a custom mando first would be a good way to start?
    A custom mando and boba fett are two different things all together. One is very specific while the other has unlimited possibilities. It really is your own choice.

If you were scratch building everything, and you are relatively new to costuming, a custom mando might be a good idea so you learn from your mistakes for boba fett. If you are just buying the pieces, you might as well go for fett
  2. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Jan 16, 2014, 5:58 PM - Re: Supreme Edition Boba Fett Costume (Modifications?) #52

thank you, ya you are definitely correct. My thoughts were that I could learn the weathering techniques and I am very nervous about painting and other aspects.
  3. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 16, 2014, 6:40 PM - Re: Supreme Edition Boba Fett Costume (Modifications?) #53

If you take your time with this you'll look back and Thank the maker we stopped you from buying anything that came from rubies.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  4. Jan 17, 2014, 10:27 AM - Re: Supreme Edition Boba Fett Costume (Modifications?) #54

One of the main goals I had when starting this thread was to prevent people from buying the Rubies atrocity. If we’ve only helped one person along the way I call it a victory. Good luck on your build and have fun. It can be a stressful process but you’ve eliminated a large portion of it by choosing to start from scratch.

Quote TheFett said: View Post
    Thanks a bunch guys, i have decided against it and im going to go through this website to get a costume made, i have the funds for about $1500 and would like to keep it around there but like they say your fett is truly never done i may end up adding more and spending close to $2000 haha. Another question i have is would i be able to have this costume ready by April 17th?
    Jan 17, 2014, 10:44 AM - Re: Supreme Edition Boba Fett Costume (Modifications?) #55

Well thank you my brothers! I am very excited about my build and cant wait to start getting my parts. i know everyone on here is great for questions so i figure any troubles i may have along the way i now have a sanctuary to come to! glad i found TDH!