Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list!

From
    Galati, Romania

Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list!

Peregrinus said: View Post
    I can work with that. For me, it's mostly been a matter of never being able to quite make out how far forward on the shoulder strap the pack strap ends. I estimated about 90mm from the shoulder seam of the vest back to the end of the strap, but on the Supertrooper test pic it looks like the pack strap doesn't quite go all the way to that point. Is that your thinking, too?

--Jonah
    On the original suit(s) the jetpack straps were/are adjustable, so it was/is possible to change slightly the upper strap's position. Also, on the other suits that riveted straps looks longer than the ones on the Supertrooper/Pre-Pro #1, this is why the Supertrooper strap is located a bit lower. The strap is sewn on the shoulder harness at a 30 degree position (with approximation), so when it is suited on, they are in an almost parallel position.

Right. I'm making the black straps on mine adjustable, too. But I don' think that would do much to affect the positioning of the pack strap. There would have to be a significant size difference in individuals wearing the same harness. I know what you're saying about the riveted straps being longer. That's one thing that's always bothered me about them -- the jetpack looks like it's hanging off the backplate because of it. Thanks for you insight. And thanks again to Gino for starting this thread lo these many moons ago. I know lately it's been being used more to nail down details than an interest/sign-up thread, but that run has long since closed and I'm still wanting to make an accurate rig myself.

--Jonah

Hi there, I note that earlier in this thread it was stated that there was a search for 4 rib seatbelt up to about 2" ?
    Did anyone find a supplier ?