Subscribe
    Jul 7, 2008, 3:17 AM - Multiple Painting questions (again...I know :lol) #1

Hey all. I have more painting questions for you all. I need to know what flaquil/polly scale (or other) paints are close to US Med. Green. I can't find the stuff anywhere around me, and the places I tried buying from online either had one in stock, or none in stock. PLEASE HELP!! I leave for comic con in 2 weeks, so i need the stuff asap. thanks.

Part II: I also am wondering what kind of clear coat I can use on my armor. I tried the stuff i had on my antenna for my helmet, and the silver spray paint started deteriorating, which is why I ask. I want a dull coat. Thanks again for any input guys. I dont' know what I'd do without you all.
    Jul 7, 2008, 7:31 AM - Re: Multiple Painting questions (again...I know :lol) #2

Part II is also for me a good question. I used the regular revell airbrush dull coat, and it made my silver paint loose it's brightness and brilliance. (That's probably the reason why Mastr Replicas did not seal the silver paint on their helmets, you can literally rub it of with your fingers.. )
    Jul 7, 2008, 8:38 AM - Re: Multiple Painting questions (again...I know :lol) #3

i can't help with the first half as i only use rattlecans.

on the second part, i use testors dullcote. haven't had any bad reactions. in general, using an enamel clear over an acrylic base is usually bad. mixing brands can also be rough... if you use krylon base, try to use krylon clear, etc... but that's just my experience. trial and error is the best (though most frustrating!) way to learn.
    Jul 7, 2008, 11:36 AM - Re: Multiple Painting questions (again...I know :lol) #4

if you can't get US med green, I've used Testors Euro Dark Green on a few things lately, and it is very close to US med green!!!! Its a tiny bit darker, but if you have no other choice, it would probably work well for you. Just go a little bit lighter with the weathered black than what you would do with USmed, and you should be pretty good!!! Best part, is that that one comes in enamel!! Then hit it with Testors Dullcoat as Brian mentioned.
    D
    Jul 7, 2008, 11:53 AM - Re: Multiple Painting questions (again...I know :lol) #5

Thanks a bunch guys. This was very helpful, and now I can finish my armor. I'll be putting up a progress thread in the next day or two, so look for it.
    Jul 28, 2008, 3:08 PM - Re: Multiple Painting questions (again...I know :lol) #6

Definitely the Testors Clear Dull Cote. Works great and no problems for me!
    Jul 30, 2008, 10:42 AM - Re: Multiple Painting questions (again...I know :lol) #7

I've also used revell clear coat before with good results