Here's the :jet pack I've been working on recently
Wal-Mart "Colorplace" brand
20001812 -Royal Blue
20003812 -Sun Yellow
20000812 -Gloss White
20004812 -Flat Black
20012812 -Silver Aluminum
Wal-Mart "Color-Spray" brand
10-3069-2 -Burgundy Spice
Rustoleum Specialty Farm Equipment
7449 - Yellow
3551 _Classic Gray
For The Body
Start with a base coat with the Aluminum
Mask off the areas you don't want painted.
I did them in this order;
White, red, yellow, blue
make sure all areas that aren't to be painted are covered.
The "white" is a base of Almond with white misted over it .
I didn't want the white to be blinding.
The "yellow" is a base of equip yellow with orange misted into the corners.
The red & the Blue are straight out of the can.
I had some problems with the yellow peeling back off.
The Tape was not on the yellow itself, but was masking the other colors.
When I peeled the tape off after painting the yellow, the yellow peeled up around the edges.
Here's what i did to fix it;
I used the masking tape to peel all of the yellow back off
(that's right ALL of it)
I then sanded the silver & painted itwith the Sun Yellow as a base.
Then a coat of The Equip Yellow .
Then misted the Orange.
After it was painted, I used an X-acto knife to score along the edges of the tape to prevent any other peeling.
no problems after that.
For The rocket
I sprayed the whole thing silver
masked off some spots on the top half
misted the Burgundy spice from the middle up to the top, getting lighter as it went.
taped it off & sprayed the white/almond on the bottom half
removed the tape
then I misted the Walnut from the middle down, painting a little up onto the burgundy section.(this isn't 100% accurate, but I like it)
Then misted the flat black over MOST of the walnut
make sure you leave some walnut showing (see MOM ref pics)
Then scrape a little of the black back off & some of the burgundy as well to show some damage
After this was all dry, highlighted some of the damage with silver model paint & a fine brush.
For the Thrusters
I sprayed a base of silver
Then the White/almond
I then taped off the stripes & sprayed them flat black
after drying , peel the tape off & mist with the Classic Grey
I then sprayed flat black into the cones & misted around the bottom edge to simulate exhaust
I then misted the thrusters with a nearly empty can of black so that it splattered & specled the thrusters.
I then painted the insert details with balck
Then a coat or 2 of Dullcote
I'll post some more pics & an update after weathering the body
Here's the pics;