Took me awhile to get to this as I've been swamped at work, but I thought I'd go ahead and put it together while I was drafting one of my own. I'll post pics once I get a finished vest. Hopefully by the end of the weekend.
Drawing a Flak Vest Pattern___________________________________________ ____
24-inch Ruler or yardstick
18 inch plastic C-Thru grid ruler
French curve (preferably #17)
Craft or pattern paper
Note: When taking your measurements, expand all fractional measurements to the nearest half inch. For example, 36 ¼” becomes 36 ½”.
1. Chest plus 2 inches = total chest measurement
2. Waist plus 2 inches = total waist measurement
3. Length – Find by putting your belt on around your natural waist (around your navel level) and measuring from your back nape of neck to the bottom of the belt.
4. Neck to Shoulder
5. Front Width – Across chest, around nipple level from arm to arm (not underarm).
6. Back Width – Across back, same level, arm to arm.
Before beginning, note the following computations:
a. ½ total chest measurement
b. ¼ length measurement
c. ½ front width
d. ¼ total waist measurement
e. ½ back width
Continued in next post