Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Feb 2, 2012, 2:10 PM - Chest Panel idea. #1

Having seen various methods of lighting up a boba fett chest panel (from transparencies and bicycle lights to custom circuit boards) I was struck by the the cost to effectiveness factor.

Sure the bicycle light/ transparancy method is cheap but not very realistic.
    The custom circuit board/ Led setup looks great but is (by necessity) expensive.

So I was pondering if there might be a better (and much more accessible) way. Then it struck me. Many of us own smart phones or similar devices with a LED screen. What if there were an Android/ iOS app which had the Boba chest lighting as its display. The smart device could be placed in a pocket behind the chest armor and hey presto instant chest display.

The app would ideally have an ability to scale the output to allow for different screen/ armour sizes plus have the ability to choose your lighting sequence.

Now I don't have the ability required to program such an app, but I'm sure somebody here does. I for one would be willing to pay $5 for such an app and if enough people wanted it, it might be commercially viable.

What do you all think?
    Feb 2, 2012, 3:32 PM - Re: Chest Panel idea. #2

Interesting idea!
  3. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 2, 2012, 6:29 PM - Re: Chest Panel idea. #3

Interesting as far as having the App for fun but, Id rather have a chest light display be a permenant attached piece...also its not that expensive for what you get and considering this is NOT a cheap hobby to do right.