FS: Wireless Rangefinder ServosSubscribe
  1. 6 Days Ago - Jun 19, 2017, 9:22 AM - FS: Wireless Rangefinder Servos #1

This kit comes with circuit boards with a button attached to one and a servo to the other. The boards communicate with each other via a small 433MHz chip. When the button is pressed the rangefinder goes down or up depending on its current state.

If you want an accurate Boba button I can get some and attach it. This will change the delivery date to whenever the buttons come in. Otherwise it will be hooked to a similar button but not 100% accurate (see attachments). The system is made to fit inside most, if not all, ROTJ/SE flamethrowers. If you want it in the other gauntlet I can get those buttons too.

ROTJ/ESB right gauntlet buttons are the alco switches. ROTJ flamethrower buttons are very similar to the standard button but more accurate. Again by ordering these your estimated ship date will be later rather than sooner.

The transmitter is run off 3x AA batteries. The receiver is powered by 3x AA batteries as well so that it will fit snuggly in your helmet.
    This kit will require some engineering to fit into your helmet. I will supply you with enough materials that it should be easier, but don’t expect a plug and play experience. A magnetic ear cap is also highly recommended. Mine is an animefan ROTJ with a 3d printed stalk and a JC27 light system in the topper. Everything holds up fine. (If you have a solid RF topper I can't guarantee the servo will be able to hold itself up when not powered, I have a solution to this issue by constantly powering the servo but it cuts into battery life and makes a slight clicking noise. If you have this problem I will accept a return.)

I have a servo extension (included) glued to my RF stalk and then hooked into the servo. A magnetic ear cap covers everything. I will include instructions with pictures to help with the installation process.

Included in the kit:

• Low profile servo
    • Transmitter module assembled on a custom circuit board housed in black shrink wrap (Gauntlet)
    • Receiver module assembled on a custom circuit board housed in a 3d printed box (Helmet)
    • Long servo adapter (x2)
    • Short servo adapter (x1)
    • Servo mount (generic)
    • Servo mount (shaped to animefan)

Kit dimensions: (D x W x H in millimeters)
    Servo: (56 x 23 x 25) This measurement includes the mounting brackets on the side and does not include the gear head.Receiver: (65 x 37x 27)
    Receiver Battery Pack: (69 x 49 x 19) This battery pack goes in the helmet with the receiver and servo. Powered by 3x AA batteries.
    Transmitter: (35 x 58 x 20) This measurement is an estimate. Each transmitter is encased in a shrink wrap like material so sizes may differ slightly.
    Transmitter Battery Pack: (69 x 49 x 19) This battery pack goes with the button. Powered by 3x AA batteries.
    Standard Button Size: 12mm tall after being installed. 27mm total including prongs.
    Standard Button Diameter: 9.525 (3/8th")
    ESB/ROTJ Buttons have different sizes.

Wire Lengths: (Estimations)
    Receiver to Servo: ~260mm
    Receiver to Battery: ~80mm
    Transmitter to Button: ~180mm
    Transmitter to Battery: ~125mm

20170610_173310-jpg20170613_200123-jpg20170620_173515-jpg

Price: $117 Free Shipping (in the US) for the first 4 orders (as this is how many I have in stock, and future sales will not include shipping and will take 3-4 weeks to fulfill.

You can buy through PayPal for $117 (OG price of $130 - includes 10% TDH discount) or through my site (www.
    blacktuskworkshop.com/shop/servo/) (Also uses PayPal). On my site use coupon code "thedentedhelmetservo" for free shipping and 10% off.

SALES:
    1. JReevy - ESB Switch - Shipping soon
    2. kelev - ROTJ Button - In Production

Thanks
    -BH-51512
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s-l500-jpg  
    Last edited by ZenixNet; 4 Days Ago at 10:04 AM.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    5 Days Ago - Jun 19, 2017, 10:06 PM - Re: FS: Wireless Rangefinder Servos #2

Interested. Do you have pics of buttons for ESB gauntlets or the setup for ESB? Thanks.
  4. 5 Days Ago - Jun 19, 2017, 11:42 PM - Re: FS: Wireless Rangefinder Servos #3

Quote PerkinBaLL said: View Post
    Interested. Do you have pics of buttons for ESB gauntlets or the setup for ESB? Thanks.
    They will be wired to these alco switches.

20170620_003752-jpg

If you wish it to be wired to a different style switch let me know. I think some people use rocker/toggle switches instead of the alco.
    5 Days Ago - Jun 20, 2017, 3:34 AM - Re: FS: Wireless Rangefinder Servos #4

What is your PayPal?
    4 Days Ago - Jun 21, 2017, 12:26 AM - Re: FS: Wireless Rangefinder Servos #5

Ordered on your website. Awesome stuff, dude!
    4 Days Ago - Jun 21, 2017, 8:01 AM - Re: FS: Wireless Rangefinder Servos #6

To get 501st approved, you need to use the alco switch or something that looks just like it. Regular toggle
    or rocker switches won't suffice.
    4 Days Ago - Jun 21, 2017, 9:36 AM - Re: FS: Wireless Rangefinder Servos #7

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    To get 501st approved, you need to use the alco switch or something that looks just like it. Regular toggle
    He has a pic of the Alco switch above in post #3. The cool thing about this setup is that it only uses one switch. In my setup, I have two momentary switches, one for up and one for down, but this means if I ever rig up a smoking jetpack, I will need to add a switch. I really like this system. I tried to get my setup to work with one switch using a relay, but it just didn't work.
  9. 4 Days Ago - Jun 21, 2017, 10:01 AM - Re: FS: Wireless Rangefinder Servos #8

Quote kelev said: View Post
    Ordered on your website. Awesome stuff, dude!
    Thank you for your order!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    Yeah, I will update my OP. I need to get more 501st approvable buttons for TDH sales though.