Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Full boba fett build over time with a noob.Subscribe
    4 Weeks Ago - May 25, 2017, 7:50 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #76

Yay!! Great to know they came safe.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    1 Week Ago - Jun 15, 2017, 7:58 AM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #77

Update time!

image-jpgSo i decided I'm going to learn how to sew! I don't know anything about it but I want to learn. I'm going to do it my own way wich I think is fun. Did a tape "mold" of half of my body and transferred the really ruff pattern of my body to some old bedsheets and taped it together.
    image-jpg
    Then I cut the pieces out and taped it together so I could try it on and then drew with a marker where the seamlines are supposed to be on the finished flight suit. Here I could tuck it in with tape and make it fit like I wanted to. Then I cut it up and had a nicer pattern that I transferred to plastic.
    image-jpg
    So next step is to make a rough flight suit with an actual sewing machine and more bedsheets wich me luck!

image-jpgGot the piano keys on the jet pack ruffly.
    image-jpgMolded and casted the thrusters!im currently working on the cone
    image-jpggot the wings on the rocket on and did some fine tuning on the jet pack. Starting too look kinda nice huh?

thanks for watching
    1 Week Ago - Jun 16, 2017, 1:27 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #78

holy **** your helm is really good. What modelling paste do you use? I used car bondo and takes AGES to sand down! haha.
    Also, what did you use to do this piece: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/attac...5&d=1414798233 ???
    Do you have the plans for it?
    Didn't your visor section open up when you removed the cardboard? that **** happened in mine :/
    1 Week Ago - Jun 17, 2017, 3:16 AM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #79

Quote VIARPE said: View Post
    holy **** your helm is really good. What modelling paste do you use? I used car bondo and takes AGES to sand down! haha.
    Also, what did you use to do this piece: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/attac...5&d=1414798233 ???
    Do you have the plans for it?
    Didn't your visor section open up when you removed the cardboard? that **** happened in mine :/
    Hi mate! Glad you like it. I use a combo of what you call bondo but it's a different brand here where I live. Then I use a thing called miliput for the finer details of sculpting. It takes just as long to sand though. That's what I made the piece you liked to, sorry to say I don't have any plans for it it's just measured and handsculpted in miliput. i did a mold and casted the helmet in resin before I cut out the visor so it stayed where it was. I've seen a lot of people having trouble with the helmet breaking and warping when they cut their visor out and intend to use a bondoed helmet. That's why I made the mold. If you read the thread more carefully I've explained the steps more in detail and you can get some pointers in your build. Thanks for watching and good luck with your bucket!
    1 Week Ago - Jun 18, 2017, 5:38 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #80

Thanks for the reply! I will read your thread more carefully next week!
    Where you from? I'm from Chile, so I just use the word "bondo" since it's similar to what we have here, which is "Masilla Mágica" (magic putty) haha.
    6 Days Ago - Jun 19, 2017, 1:31 AM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #81

Quote VIARPE said: View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I will read your thread more carefully next week!
    Where you from? I'm from Chile, so I just use the word "bondo" since it's similar to what we have here, which is "Masilla Mágica" (magic putty) haha.
    I'm from Sweden and here it's called plastic padding. It's great but smells terrible.
    6 Days Ago - Jun 19, 2017, 4:29 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #82

haha the one that I have smells terrible too!!!