Hobbits ESB Bobamaker Paint Up!! :D

hobbit057

Hunter
Hello Peeps!

Well here goes... My Bobamaker helmet arrived not even 2 hours ago, and I am super pumped!! Of course the first thing I did after unwrapping it was stick it on my noggin! I bet you all did with your first.... am I right?! ;P
Anyhoo.. I will be using Rafalfett's templates to mark out the masking and layering in the traditional way with an airbrush using Humbrol paints... I will be using Jayvee's and Terminal Fettler's paint ups to help me, cause I'm going to need lots of it!!!! ;) Well since I have so much to get cracking on I had better get started!!!! Oh also....I have an armor thread on here, If you want to check that out?! http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/boba-fett-rotj-se-rkd-armor-44856/

Thanks for looking! :)

DSC00637.jpg

DSC00636.jpg

Big man, I have no doubt that you will do an absolute rockstar job on this! Any questions you come up with as you go, you know your always welcome to pm me anytime. Beautiful looking cast too brother! :)

Good luck mate!! I have a BM lid painted by him but hopefully I can save up, get a naked bucket and start my own paint build thread too.

Not much of an update but my helmet is prepped and ready for stenciling and masking.... I just can't get these stencils sized properly, my lack of computer skills are showing and I have lost many hours already! Not sure what to do next but will have to find a solution somehow, I'm certainly not going to wing it like I did with my armor! Thanks for looking :)

DSC00646.jpg

Here is an image with the right back plate:

Back Plates.jpg

PM me the measurements for both sides and I will try to resize it for you.

Here are the images archived in a ZIP file:

View attachment ESB Back Plates.zip

Although the left plate is very good, the right plate is a bit deformed (especially the length) but you can do a good job if you cut the templates in 2-3 pieces (following the big scratches) and align it at the plate margins. If you have problems with other parts too, just let me know and I will try to tweak it for you.

I hope this helps!

Can't wait to see the results - you did a impressive job on the RKD armour!

Let me know how the resin ears and range finder stalk go as I'm thinking of picking up one of Mojo-Fett's aluminum set.

Thanks again Fettspec, I hear the aluminium are the way to go... I'm on a tight budget so haven't even considered them.. I'm sure it'll look ok...I hope! :/
I'm looking forward to seeing how you go with your paint up mate, and with humbrol paints it's going to look awesome! :)

Hey Thanks 22ssplt!

So here is a quick update, not sure how this is going to turn out... I had to cut the stencil in 2 spots to make it fit. It's going to be really hard from here on, trying to line it up.. I have masked the primer and have put down the metallic silver Humbrol (11). I have to peel off some damage and I have to get some tracing paper to line the rest of it up. Anyway, here's some pics.....

DSC00815.jpg

DSC00814.jpg

Quick update! The masking and stenciling continues.... Yaaargh!
I used Humbrol grey (79), I found it very confusing when masking all the fiddly stuff to the right of the keyhole middle bit, I think maybe there is a bit to much grey in there...? My apologies for the poor photo's of late, I really need to get these pics in the daylight.. Please tell me what you think and thanks for looking! :)

DSC00823.jpg

DSC00822.jpg

DSC00821.jpg

DSC00820.jpg

Looking real sharp mate! Like you noted, there could possibly be a little too much grey within the main section on the right hand panel. The beige coat next will knock out the grey surrounding it, but if needs be, you can always go back with a super fine brush and tighten things up within, with more silver. The next layer will give you a much better indication, but trust me mate, you are doing a superb job! Cant wait to see the next updates :)

I agree, there might be a tad too much grey in that section, but it looks good, with lots of fine details catching the eye. That's more important IMO. Just a caution with Humbrols - mix them well! I had to strip my left ear and redo it cos I didn't mix the paint well enough, and the paint didn't dry!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back