Accurate vest discussion

kurtyboy

Active Hunter
EDIT Dec. 2012: Topic changed again to reflect the general vest discussion.

EDIT: Topic changed. Does anyone have any reference photos of a screen used Boba flak vest without the back armor? Particularly interested to see the slots for the jetpack hooks.

---------------------------------------------------------

I need to upgrade my flak vest and have been looking at Bobamaker's. Fett experts, who makes the most accurate one hands down? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does his/her's have the patches on the back for the jetpack straps and the harness bars?

My Bobamaker Flakvest has the two stitched cutouts for the harness straps (I use a Mojo/BobbyFettUK harness) but I have to roll the back of the vest up to expose the harness bars. It's not visable as the JetPack covers it. Hope that helps.

Sorry, I meant does Crazy4bobafett's have the stitched patches for the straps and bars.

I have been talking to Bobamaker about his. Thanks.

Anypics of any of the works? I'm in the process of making my own.

Marcus, buddy. Clothears costumes have been working on a vest project for some time. As I was asking so much they made me one, man it is sweet. Tackle Twill, and tackle twill lined. They spent forever coming back to me talking about the way it is stitched and about different variants of the vest. Knowing your level of accuracy I think you need to talk to them. I know they are looking at it agian in light of the 360 from the blu ray.

I will try to post some photos up.

ps, did you get that email bro?

KB,

I'll have screen accurate flak vests and jumpsuits around Christmas time...Their being made as we speak!

Hope this helps..

Christian

Rob, I'd love to see some pics of your vest. Also yours Christian. The sad fact is, the vest is one thing that hasn't been done as accurately as every other part of the costume thus far, including the neck -- both material and pattern. I had my own project going on this but my seamstress dropped out. Its important to note there are all kinds of poly pro twills out there. Just being tackle twill doesn't make it accurate. There are different blends, etc. I have yet to see anyone nail the material. Looking forward to seeing new attempts. I have TK-409 and Bobamaker vests and though they are not bad, I found myself disappointed with them both.

It's been a long time since I posted here and even longer that I worked on my Boba Fett but I too am in need of finally using my accurate material to have a vest and neckseal made . Hopefully a new generation of accuracy can be discovered as I think this is the year I actually get my suit done! Looking forward to hearing more on this subject

I too may be looking to upgrade my vest. Im hoping to drop another 40lbs or so in the coming months and will need a new vest to fit me correctly once i drop the weight. That said, if i can find a more accurate one, id be down for it. I have a LSFU vest, which to me is nice and i dont have any complaints about really (aside from there not being any cuts in it for the harness) but then i never really did heavy research on the vest as i was happy with what i had. But id be curious to see the one you mentioned Rob and also yours Christian.

Nice to see ya here Hand-Schaub..i was talking to you last year about Cylon stuff on "by your command" and ended up not going for it at the time. I still have one on my to do list though!

My vest came from BobaMaker, I'm very pleased with the quality. Whether it's bang on accurate or not I've no idea, but it does look the part.

I may be in need of a new vest too, so I'm interested in seeing anything that might be available.

you know, i have Bobamaker right now and i really like it, but the more i look at it the more it looks a bit off... I'd be interested in seeing the MOW ones too... is there a link someplace?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back