Who wants to win a Jango Helmet?

Rupidupe

Active Hunter
Brothers and Sisters,

Hey all, I've decided to spread a little cheer and donate my MLC Jango helmet to a fellow Jango fan. The money is nice but knowing I was able to help someone else get a collectible they otherwise might not be able to get is much more satisfying.

No crazy rules, just post why you want/need it and I'll select the top 3 fetts and randomly select a winner. I'll try to get this out to you by Halloween so let's get this going in a hurry.

To see the Helmet in question look here. Hopefully others will keep this going with other goodies and we can start a trend here.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=28199

:cheers

Rup

i wnt teh helmt cuz itz ausume!!!11!1 jangu rulz!1!! til he get hed chopes offf...

Yeah, won't be winning any helmets with that. :lol: Anyways, great thing you're doing! (y)

Hmm, Why do I want this helmet?

I want the helmet because I have an upcoming troop this Saturday and the helmet is sexy, and would go great with my jumpsuit, because oh it is oh so fashionable, I might even try to pose on the runway as a model with it, because we all know Jango is such a hunk.

Why else would I want the helmet? I just want to be a sexy metallic bounty hunter ;)

Oh and also...Jango should have kicked Mace's ___________(substitute fill in word here)

But seriously this helmet is really nice, and I'd love to have it for my upcoming troop.

Plus...who doesn't want to be Jango? Seriously.. :D

Way back in 2006 on a deployment in the Pacific my freind and I started talking. We found the innerchild of Star Wars fandom in each of us. Digging on the internet we found out about teh 501st and thought that this was a great idea. We could be fans AND give back.

I ordered a Stormtrooper and he ordered a Bikerscout. I still troop, having 4 costumes. My freind Austin though had to quit, for his Navy life presses him to hard. He has no time to work on costumes or for that matter his personal life. We were firefighters and all the training we do forward deployed takes his time.

I am out of the Navy and a full time studant. Austin is soon to follow this year. He is off to collage as well to finish up his degree in fire science and will be trying to put together a Jango. He just ordered his first set of armor plates. He is on a limited buget, so it will be a long process for him. He has begun to assemble the parts for the time he gets away from the navy and can spend building his dream suit.
He has sold his TB to fund the Jango, but Jango is a far more expensive process. He is a fan of the prequals, I am a fan of the trilogy so we have very diffrent costume goals.

If Austin was to win a Jango lid that would contuniue to fuel the love of the costume and the willingness to give back. Now he troops with me, in my costumes and gives 100% everytime.

Needless to say I am proud of him. The Navy is a strange place, you meet so many that give so much and never ask for help. Austin is one of those guys.

Thanks for reading... This is a cool idea. I hope to offer something soon as well.

Way back in 2006 on a deployment in the Pacific my freind and I started talking. We found the innerchild of Star Wars fandom in each of us. Digging on the internet we found out about teh 501st and thought that this was a great idea. We could be fans AND give back.

I ordered a Stormtrooper and he ordered a Bikerscout. I still troop, having 4 costumes. My freind Austin though had to quit, for his Navy life presses him to hard. He has no time to work on costumes or for that matter his personal life. We were firefighters and all the training we do forward deployed takes his time.

I am out of the Navy and a full time studant. Austin is soon to follow this year. He is off to collage as well to finish up his degree in fire science and will be trying to put together a Jango. He just ordered his first set of armor plates. He is on a limited buget, so it will be a long process for him. He has begun to assemble the parts for the time he gets away from the navy and can spend building his dream suit.
He has sold his TB to fund the Jango, but Jango is a far more expensive process. He is a fan of the prequals, I am a fan of the trilogy so we have very diffrent costume goals.

If Austin was to win a Jango lid that would contuniue to fuel the love of the costume and the willingness to give back. Now he troops with me, in my costumes and gives 100% everytime.

Needless to say I am proud of him. The Navy is a strange place, you meet so many that give so much and never ask for help. Austin is one of those guys.

Thanks for reading... This is a cool idea. I hope to offer something soon as well.

I know I'm shooting myself in the foot, but Austin should have it more than I, or anyone else here in my opinion, great story dude. Reminds me why I love the 501st, and love Star Wars.

- Fitz

I have to admit, I would love to have a helmet like this...

I am a complete neophyte when it comes to costuming and really much of anything crafty but I got it in my head I wanted to do Jango for Halloween a few weeks back.

I started looking around and really wanted to do things right, and then I found this site. This site and everything I saw on it just completely blew me away and I realized three things:
1) Making a good Jango will be long and hard (and ready maybe for NEXT YEARS halloween lol) and make me learn a lot of new things
2) It'll also be fun as heck
3) I really want to do it

So that's where I sit. I'm currently crafting my own armor from Sintra (slowly since i'm confused about a lot but I'm sorting it out) and have ordered an ammo belt from Seeker.

Needless to say, every Jango needs a helmet and a helmet like this would be an incredible boon to my new costuming career.

So, I suppose I'll humbly submit my name into the hat and hope the fates are on my side!

Thanks for doing this, Rupidupe! That's amazing of you.

And good luck to all the would-be Jango's!

-Nyx

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow what a great thread. I have been piecing my fett together as I have funds coming available. The helmet and girth belt and gauntlets still elude me. My son is turning one this week and We were both batman for his first halloween when he was just a week old! My wife actually came along after a c section incredible. He has a jango costume now for this year and I am doing my best to keep the tradition going. Those of us men who are in this hobby can get no more joy then having a son involved even at this young age. On a side note remarkable, my first gift to him was the little boba fett m&m plush toy. After moma and dada he now says boba as his third word! My wife just shakes her head and smiles everytime he yells it lol.

So I dont think that I am more deserving then anyone else but I would cherish as much as anyone and pay it forward if I were to win. I appreciate the opportunity.

Chris

PM'ed (Not sure if I wanted my story up on the boards or not since it has personal issues in it)

I guess he does say to post it here... I'll let Rup read it and see if he thinks I should post it here or not.

Thanks everyone, and to those of you submitting your name, best of luck and I hope you all see what a great idea Rup has here :)

Tony

I want the helmet because I just had to drive 4 hours in a Hummer back from Los Angeles, then stop to pick up a friend's hippie brother in San Bernadino, who is a fire breathing, street performer who smelled like Kerosene, and had two tubs of kerosene with him in the back seat. It's been 5 hours since I got home, and I can still smell it, not even taking a whiff of acetone can get rid of the smell.

I endured a lot of horrid odors today, let's hope that helmet smells like M&Ms when I put it on. That is if I win :)

Why I want this helmet;

Well, I know I don't have a Jango costume, or am I even working on a Jango costume...but I want that bucket simply because this: Jango is one BAMF.

Jango is so BA, that he doesn't need anything but two pistols to protect himself, like a lone sheriff in the west. Paint? Barely needs any, blue, silver. He is so BA that his armor only gets dirty around the edges, it's like he sprays it with something everytime he goes out before battle..OR just cause he is so BA that the dirt is afraid. That's it, even Dirt is afraid of Jango Fett. The accent makes him even more BA, and coming out of that bucket, it is just that much more awesome.

Jango is so BA that he can only be killed by the other most BAMF in the Galaxy, and that is Sam Jackson.

I want this bucket because I want it. I haven't spent hours in the car with a far breathing hippie, or done anything special that involves Jango, escaped from prison, or saved the world. I want the bucket cause I want it, and because Jango is awesome.

Go ahead, make my day. ;]

I'd like to start a Jango. I had started but three kids and a wife, I didn't get far. If I won my wife can't complain about a free helmet! Good luck to the winner.

:cheersi whant this helmet because I cant afford to buy one like this. ived started my costume 2 years ago ,and after seeng the other costumes i kind of got discouraged so i decided to just try to make a custom mando. but then i lost my job ,and now that things gotten a little better, im saving to get married ; so i just dont see when i will finnally have the chance to have a good helmet to troop with. oh and because jango fett is the only man that can ***** slap chuck norris.

hey Rupe i fantastic idea!

I love lids. I seem to have gathered a rather random collection of various helmets (not all star wars!). And no - it aint cos I am unfocused! But aside from the appreciation of a fan made item - its also the sense of community on this (and other forums).

lol you know I would love this helmet - as per our pm discussion a few weeks back.

why I would want it? well - my answer is probably more simple prop related rather than character specific - It looks like a very nice replica. This hobby if often tough on the wallet, and difficult for a fan on a budget. I am used to buying a cheaper item and doing it up eg MR CE stormie; Hasb clone etc. As fun as that may be, and as much as these modded lids have pride of place in my collection - I certainly wouldnt mind a well made fan made sculpt. I know, I know, far from a good or deserving story - but its the truth.

Good luck to others.

Nate

hello.
I dunnoe if mines the best reason, but here goes:

I am getting my new home soon, and I am hoping to get a really great and accurate jango mannequin up in the front hall. But my new born just came 2 mths ago, much of my stuff are cancled or at best, on hold.

so this is a DREAM come true!!

Brothers and Sisters,

Hey all, I've decided to spread a little cheer and donate my MLC Jango helmet to a fellow Jango fan. The money is nice but knowing I was able to help someone else get a collectible they otherwise might not be able to get is much more satisfying.

No crazy rules, just post why you want/need it and I'll select the top 3 fetts and randomly select a winner. I'll try to get this out to you by Halloween so let's get this going in a hurry.

To see the Helmet in question look here. Hopefully others will keep this going with other goodies and we can start a trend here.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=28199

:cheers

Rup

Well, I'm in! Here are my reasons:

1. That helmet is great -- really beautiful to look at.

2. My sons (4 and 6) are Star Wars junkies and are dressing as Boba and Jango for Halloween (and any other time they can). I built a Jango helmet for the older one and I think it came out great, but it is a bit fragile, so I won't let him wear it as much as he'd like. This helmet would be sturdier and allow for more play time.

3. When not in use, it will be proudly displayed in our play room along with their other prized Star Wars possessions (Lego mostly).

Thanks for the opportunity!

Why do I want it ???

Easy...

I was ripped off by that australian bastard, Bentley O'toole... I ordered him a helmet about 8 months ago now (cant remember), and after many many months, emails sent to nowhere, no answer by him...

Here you have the story:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=27505&highlight=ripped

And Well... I ended up losting about 200€, and I simply can't afford to buy "another" one... so, here I am... no money, no helmet... life sucks doesnt it ?

Ben.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back