Sgt Fang Bucket W/ RS Ears

AFettFullofDollars

Well-Known Hunter
I finally got my RS Ears attached to my Sgt Fang Bucket that I got from Micke. I squared the corners of the cheeks, changed the angle on the vanes behind the ears so that they are more screen accurate, and replaced the keyslot area with the MS keyslot that has the MQ-1 already molded in. I was going to paint this helmet up as the White Prepro but have changed my mind and decided to go with the RotJ scheme since I've never personally had that version myself.

Cnv0030.jpg

Cnv0029.jpg

Cnv0031.jpg

Cnv0032.jpg

I would have to agree that it'd be sweet to see it as a prepro paint up, but the RoTj helmet would be awesome too, because there don't seem to be that many around to tell you the truth.

All I did to the right ear was grind down the 'molded on' earpiece so that the RS would fit flush with the helmet. I did not have to reshape the curvature of the remaining part of the SF earpiece that attaches to the helmet above the 'red' portion. If that makes any sense.

Wow, those ear pieces look really nice and sharp and should work especially well with a ROTJ paint scheme. Out of curiosity, is it much easier to paint ROTJ than ESB?

Looking forward to see your progress on this. When it comes to paint jobs, you are the man!

That's looking pretty sweet. How did you square off the cheeks? Just by sanding? I was going to do the same with mine, just wasn't sure of the best way to do it.

Wow, those ear pieces look really nice and sharp and should work especially well with a ROTJ paint scheme. Out of curiosity, is it much easier to paint ROTJ than ESB?

It's really not any easier. The ROTJ has just as many 'signature' scratches as the ESB plus ALOT of little pinprick scratches all over the helmet. But it is a fun change of pace. I am currently painting up a MS3 for Cerillo in the RotJ scheme, so I decided to go ahead and get started on mine as well.

That's looking pretty sweet. How did you square off the cheeks? Just by sanding? I was going to do the same with mine, just wasn't sure of the best way to do it.

I took a pencil and drew the squared cheeks on the helmet and then used a dremel to grind out the shape. Just follow the lines. A little fine tune sanding with some 400 grit sandpaper and 'voila'...you're done.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back