Yellow zinc chromate -ESB left shoulder

Misfit2

Well-Known Hunter
For the ESB left shoulder and the yellow zinc chromate, do they make it in a rattlecan anywhere?
Thanks.

Keep in mind that is acrylic.

Mine were done with Krylon OSHA safety yellow, dusted with black primer. they used my armor for the shoulder armor on the 501st CRL here:
501st Legion: Vader's Fist

No offense but that color is not right....

We used the zinc chromate on the lifesize Sideshow collectibles fett prototype and we also used it on Jeremy's Fett we did a few years ago

image_zps78055e13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
None taken...i am aware of that but the color i got was very very close if you look at the picture, and he was asking about rattle cans. For rattle cans its the closest i could get.

Of course using airbrush, what you say is the dead correct color...i know you would know :)

Again he was asking about rattlecans i think this looks darn close just a smidge off:
ESB_Boba_Shoulder_Bells_zps39df0c54.jpg

You could even mist a bit of go mango orange from model masters over it. thats how i did the darker one and with a touch of that on the yellow i personally think it will be just fine.

I do agree with DarthMiller though that if you want dead accuracy, yes the zinc chromate with an airbrush is the way to go.

I used Rustoleum American Accents Marigold. Readily available in a rattlecan. Here you can see zinc chromate on the armor and the Rustoleum on the shoulder. Just another option out there.

IMG_4035_zpsb47c6c48.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back