For Sale Wireless Rangefinder Servos - Ready to Ship [2019 Run #2]

BH-51512

Hunter
Fire1, I've got yours going out today.

As for future orders, I have 1 ROTJ and 2 Alco switch (ROTJ and ESB) kits ready to ship Thursday as long as USPS delivers my servos in time.

BH-51512

Hunter
One ROTJ and two ESB ready. My website stock is updated. Note I'm out of town until Thursday so they won't ship until Friday.

Sean Hebein

Hunter
I got my kit today but I think my stalk and cap might be a little too heavy for this. Do you have a stalk kit that you would recommend?

Sean

Sean Hebein

Hunter
Awesome kit btw, got the switch installed and the wires soldered and worked like magic. I think after I get a lighter stalk, I think I'll be set. Great kit!

BH-51512

Hunter
I got my kit today but I think my stalk and cap might be a little too heavy for this. Do you have a stalk kit that you would recommend?

Sean
I haven't heard anyone having this issue before, what is your stalk and topper made out of/who made it? And what exactly is happening?

I will be offering stalk and toppers my self here soon, probably in the next month or so.

Sean Hebein

Hunter
The stalk is aluminum and the topper is a self contained unit with the lights. I can hear the servo engage but it doesn't move the stalk back up when it is in the down position. At first I thought that it was just slipping inside of the extension so I super glued it but it doesn't want to move it.

Anyways, I just ordered a hollow stalk from MachineCraft. I wanted to move that direction anyways because I'm not a fan of the self-contained unit that I currently have.

When I get the new stalk I'll update.

Jc27

Active Hunter
The stalk is aluminum and the topper is a self contained unit with the lights. I can hear the servo engage but it doesn't move the stalk back up when it is in the down position. At first I thought that it was just slipping inside of the extension so I super glued it but it doesn't want to move it.

Anyways, I just ordered a hollow stalk from MachineCraft. I wanted to move that direction anyways because I'm not a fan of the self-contained unit that I currently have.

What self contained kit do you have, is it one of mine?

BH-51512

Hunter
What self contained kit do you have, is it one of mine?
I have your self contained in my personal helmet, so it is light enough. Not sure what Sean has.

Take out the servo from the helmet and test it externally with the rangefinder attached, like I do in my demonstration video at 0:10

I'm wondering if the servo is mounted upside down or it's not perfectly center.

Also is the servo extension nice and snug on the servo gear?

BH-51512

Hunter
Run of 4 more kits coming soon. Got the parts on order.
Also still in the works are my ranger finder light kits. Should be getting those out this month.

jbdubz

Active Hunter

it is likely due to your servo rotation settings or a blockage. if the stalk isn't returning to the up position it is probably because it isnt going down far enough to complete the full downward rotation. it will continue to attempt to complete the rotation but something may be blocking it, like the ear assembly or the ear is on too tight, inhibiting the stock from moving freely. when you turn it of and on, does the stalk quickly shoot back up to is starting point?

Jc27

Active Hunter
Also, the servo could be going bad. The hitec servo doesn’t have a lot of stalk torque, especially at the lower 4.8 volts. You need to use the length of the stalk along with the weight of everything attached to the servo spline to calculate what the weight is and if the servo can move it. It may work a a little bit, but eventually the servo will burn out or the nylon gears will strip.