WIP: My Mandalorian armor

Discussion in 'Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters' started by WZacPrime7, Jul 22, 2011.

1. WZacPrime7

WZacPrime7 New Member

I am currently working on my custom Mandalorian armor. So far I am working on the helmet and starting on some gauntlets. Here is the cold cast that came in

DSC00360.jpg

This is the helmet after I cut some of the flash off

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

RF Stock

DSC00372.jpg

I also modified a Hasbro Boba helmet as a test subject to work on as practice, here is the Hasbro and the cold cast side by side

DSC00365.jpg

Got a long way to go, should be fun :lol: I'm currently in the process of sanding them down.

2. Mullreel

Mullreel Well-Known Member

When working on that Asok helmet it would be a good idea to look up some Saint_nasty threads and follow the tutorial.

I have finished 2 of them. It is easy to do if you know the process but the process is not instinct.

3. WZacPrime7

WZacPrime7 New Member

Cool, Asok did refer to Saint_nasty, I'll follow up when the time comes. Thanks

4. WZacPrime7

WZacPrime7 New Member

Applied bondo, glazing putty to my test subject, I also sanded it down with 250 and 600 grit sandpaper

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

I also put on a coat of primer

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

5. ObxFett

ObxFett Member

you may want to break out some 60# grit if thats Bondo... I just got on Asok's list for a helmet.. can't wait.
    That Hasbro is fun to practice on!!

6. WZacPrime7

WZacPrime7 New Member

Cool thanks for the advice!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011
  7. WZacPrime7

WZacPrime7 New Member

This is the progress I have made on the test helmet I made out of the Hasbro helmet. Going to go back and touch it up soon.

DSC00445.jpg

DSC00441.jpg

8. WZacPrime7

WZacPrime7 New Member

I also worked on the cold cast a little more

DSC00437.jpg

9. WZacPrime7

WZacPrime7 New Member

I re-touched the test helmet last night, I'm almost ready to begin work on the cold cast

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

Also, when I got got home yesterday I found something awesome waiting for me

DSC00451.jpg

The gauntlets came in!!!!

Time to get to work, special thanks to redkraytdragon

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

10. redkraytdragon

redkraytdragon Active Member

Awesome dude! They look like they fit you good! Glad you like them ;)

11. WZacPrime7

WZacPrime7 New Member

The gauntlets awesome krayt, thanks again!

12. WZacPrime7

WZacPrime7 New Member

I;m working on the cold cast and I don't know how to approach this, and I'm looking for advice. What would be the best way to attach the earpiece and RF stock? Here are some reference pictures

DSC00512.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

13. Henogoodtomeded

Henogoodtomeded New Member

Some advice, (if you're still working on it) use some fine grit to try to get all of the little bumps off. I've just noticed that in the process of painting mine, even the smallest spots keep getting bigger as you apply more paint. Keep working though!