Ord Mantell's ESB build

Is there a specific part numbers your using for the female/mald connector?
The males were NOS in original packaging with identifying label XLR-5-12C, manufactured 12/76. The female I got was without packaging but I believe those are XLR-5-11C. They're kind of hard to find with the plastic cable clamp like on the ST. Mostly you find them with the metal clamp. I chose XLR-5 because the female receptacle in the PP2 jetpack was XLR-5, but cosmetically it makes no difference if you go with any other XLR pin type. XLR-3 is far more common and should be easier to find. I believe the part numbers for those are the same except for the middle number which is the pin count.

The males were NOS in original packaging with identifying label XLR-5-12C, manufactured 12/76. The female I got was without packaging but I believe those are XLR-5-11C. They're kind of hard to find with the plastic cable clamp like on the ST. Mostly you find them with the metal clamp. I chose XLR-5 because the female receptacle in the PP2 jetpack was XLR-5, but cosmetically it makes no difference if you go with any other XLR pin type. XLR-3 is far more common and should be easier to find. I believe the part numbers for those are the same except for the middle number which is the pin count.
Exactly what I was trying to find on the last page lol thanks for posting this

I was looking at other suits to see if this was present as well with the xlr cables and can see the same thing on the pp2 as well! Hope this wasn’t already discussed or shared I just think it’s crazy how after all this time on working on my suit these are parts I completely missed and didn’t notice lol

Attachments

• 24104542-75BA-4FC1-A431-D039235D0ECB.png
    24104542-75BA-4FC1-A431-D039235D0ECB.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 164
Yep Its fairly obvious they're present on the PrePro #2 exterior, they just hang there lol...
You can see why they tried to hide them in ESB and ROTJ for the most part except for that half ass attempt on John.
I always wondered wtf that was because it never looked like the braids to me like a lot of people probably thought..
It's no wonder such a minor detail went amiss on the board this whole time because its only like that for one scene for like a couple seconds.
...But as we all know, small details go along way for authenticity!! I completely respect the dedication OM. This is the exact kind of dedication I've dream of since I was 12 years old when I discovered this place existed. I can't stress enough how much I love your build and thank you so much for sharing your sourced parts info. Its much appreciated, all my years being on the board this is surprisingly new to me finding out about the XLR cables brand/model no. :cool: (y)
Simply can't decide which setup for the XLR I will choose for my Fett...I kind of favour this look the most..this setup used on Jeremy shown in the 'White Cloud City Hallway' photoshoot. It seems pretty hidden for the majority of the film, is that the intended way it was meant to be rigged? Its probably not..it doesn't appear to be showing in any other shots of that photoshoot as far as I can tell..
1620334802547.png

ROTJ's setup was similar in some scenes, especially with the stuntman.
Its really hard to say what the true look of Fett is supposed to be...I quote one of my buddies best lines he's ever told me: "about as inconsistent as my ex girlfriend" :lol: from scene to scene because of the wardrobe department never truly remembering 100% or rushing him on set... it was such a small part at the end of the day but no one even imagined the popularity he'd get..such a special character.
I've always imagined Fett using different armours/gadgets for every mission to explain his drastic armour differences in the films...the helmet changes is another story lol.
Apologies for briefly going off topic there :lol: simply can't wait to see the paint job on that armour!!

Last edited:
Well, I will call you officially Mr. Accuracy Nut.

I love how with each post you manage to outdo yourself and give us some jaw-dropping details of your build. Great, great work so far, but... let's level up on the accuracy nut scale. Here's a comparison image of the ESB Hero and possibly the ROTJ Hero vests (present on the MoM, DaG and SWtE exhibits):
View attachment 210637

(Just follow the stitching on the left shoulder)
The ROTJ Hero vest is the ESB vest.

jbdubz
Nothings wrong with the current ESB Model, nothing at all. AND, I certainly meant NO offense to the current ESB model. I was merely voicing my own opinion and admiration of Ord Mantell ’s ESB Fett.

And I’m fully aware that tennantlim is the current 501st CRL model ROTJ Fett. But was saying that like tennantlim, who has put in an insane amount of highly detailed work on his Fett. That Ord Mantell is the other side of that Fett-Coin (The sides being ESB and ROTJ) and as we all can tell is pouring his heart and soul into his ESB Fett!

And hypothetically, IF the 501st was scouting for a new ESB Fett CRL model. That they should take a serious look at Ord Mantell’s ESB Fett. And again, in NO WAY was I meaning to sound or be disrespectful to the current ESB Fett model. Which by the way whomever the current ESB Fett model is.....his setup is “Tops” too! I’d love to check out his WIP too!

Wait.... jbdubz - You’re the 501st ESB Fett model, aren’t you? If you’ve taken offense sir, again, my apologies.....that wasn’t my intent.

Short Version: Ord Mantell ’s ESB Fett friggin’ ROCKS! (Pretty sure we all agree with that though!)

Regards,
-Iron

Last edited:
jbdubz
Nothings wrong with the current ESB Model, nothing at all. AND, I certainly meant NO offense to the current ESB model. I was merely voicing my own opinion and admiration of Ord Mantell ’s ESB Fett.

And I’m fully aware that tennantlim is the current 501st CRL model ROTJ Fett. But was saying that like tennantlim, who has put in an insane amount of highly detailed work on his Fett. That Ord Mantell is the other side of that Fett-Coin (The sides being ESB and ROTJ) and as we all can tell is pouring his heart and soul into his ESB Fett!

And hypothetically, IF the 501st was scouting for a new ESB Fett CRL model. That they should take a serious look at Ord Mantell’s ESB Fett. And again, in NO WAY was I meaning to sound or be disrespectful to the current ESB Fett model. Which by the way whomever the current ESB Fett model is.....his setup is “Tops” too! I’d love to check out his WIP too!

Wait.... jbdubz - You’re the 501st ESB Fett model, aren’t you? If you’ve taken offense sir, again, my apologies.....that wasn’t my intent.

Short Version: Ord Mantell ’s ESB Fett friggin’ ROCKS! (Pretty sure we all agree with that though!)

Regards,
-Iron
Couldn’t agree more!

Thanks, Irongladiator. I really appreciate your kind words and it makes me feel pretty good to know I'm not making a mess of it. And that's what I love about this community... everyone is, on the whole, very supportive and encouraging of one another. It would be so easy for it to be otherwise.

All any of us can do on our builds is give it our best shot, and help each other along the way. And by doing that we all get exponentially further than we would've had we been isolated and uninvolved with one another here. Neither I nor any of us could do this without the knowledge and talents of many others who already came before and worked out hundreds if not thousands of details before we stumbled on the path. In that sense, all our builds are on a continuum. There will never be one best build. As a community our builds evolve over time to better and better states. My hats' off to all those who cleared the path before I got on. I will drink to all of you. Should be a good night!

I still have some important bits to go on this build, so there is plenty of time to bring the whole thing to a tragic conclusion. lol. Fingers crossed!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back