Weathering Vinyl Ammo Belt?

hellopike

Active Hunter
Hey all I have a vinyl Ammo belt, and I've weathered it a bit, but I still feel its lacking the really beat in old leather look. Anyone have any tips on how I could get it looking better? Like getting rid of the shine and what not? I've tried matte clear coat, but maybe I should abuse it in some gravel or sand or something?

Anybody?

Thanks

Black shoe polish. That's what I used. When used on brown the black polish comes out surprisingly dull. Rubbed it on then buffed in certain places, left some buildup in the grain in other places, clean away in some places. It all depends on until it looks right to you.

I then used some sandpaper to scuff up edges. Gave it that real old used leather pouch look.

The shoe polish worked out nicely. Thanks Drokkul- unfortunately I misted it with some matte clear coat beforehand and it didn't dry completely. Its not bad, but its a little tacky. I'll figure something out.

Phil

Sandpaper and black RIT dye. Sand it up a bit especially the edges. They take the dye, still in the powder form and scrub it up with it

Black shoe polish. That's what I used. When used on brown the black polish comes out surprisingly dull. Rubbed it on then buffed in certain places, left some buildup in the grain in other places, clean away in some places. It all depends on until it looks right to you.

I then used some sandpaper to scuff up edges. Gave it that real old used leather pouch look.

Any kind of black shoe polish?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back