Warning: Issues with Ponteworks

Hi all, I hope everyone had a Happy New Year. I wanted to post an update in regards to my ROTJ commission with Rick. I received my first package from him on Wednesday to include my weathered flight suit, vest, boots, chest, ab and back armor. As I was expecting, the quality of the paint and weathering work is top notch, which, in the end, is why I went with Rick to begin with.

With that being said, I'm still waiting on my helmet, gauntlets, knees and shoulders on a commission that was agreed to be completed on June 24, 2016.

I can't speak for him on other outstanding commissions, but I just wanted to let people know that he hasn't disappeared.

Mike

Cheeers for update much appreciated lets hope this bull**** sorts itself.
H

Hi all, I hope everyone had a Happy New Year. I wanted to post an update in regards to my ROTJ commission with Rick. I received my first package from him on Wednesday to include my weathered flight suit, vest, boots, chest, ab and back armor. As I was expecting, the quality of the paint and weathering work is top notch, which, in the end, is why I went with Rick to begin with.

With that being said, I'm still waiting on my helmet, gauntlets, knees and shoulders on a commission that was agreed to be completed on June 24, 2016.

I can't speak for him on other outstanding commissions, but I just wanted to let people know that he hasn't disappeared.

Mike

Ive sent a couple of texts , FB messages and offered to pay postage to get my kit back, (which would have been the case anyways) man i must be either stupid or stupid to keep pouring money into this degenerate black hole. what annoys me the most is Rick has had all the cards, my bucks, my kit. Correct me if I'm wrong but someone recently said there had been issues with Rick in the past and a thread concerning that had been posted then removed. ???.. if this is true I'm certainly wondering why that would have been the case., and whether id made the decision i did and be in this predicament????

Ive sent a couple of texts , FB messages and offered to pay postage to get my kit back, (which would have been the case anyways) man i must be either stupid or stupid to keep pouring money into this degenerate black hole. what annoys me the most is Rick has had all the cards, my bucks, my kit. Correct me if I'm wrong but someone recently said there had been issues with Rick in the past and a thread concerning that had been posted then removed. ???.. if this is true I'm certainly wondering why that would have been the case., and whether id made the decision i did and be in this predicament????

Rick should send your kit back ASAP it's ridiculous that he hasn't responded to you yet!

Here's Rick's apology thread from 2012 which reads just like his current: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/clearing-smear-campaign-46488/

Holy ****balls anyone owed kit commissions from this bloke have a read of this post from Rick, re the thread outlined by rnbuda. . I cannot believe that this has happened before AND he has been allowed to continue to advertise his services on this site, whereby unsuspecting members have been stung again.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at the main home page menu for this site, right below 'Cargo Hold' where it starts: One collector's junk could be another man's treasure.....you'll see: "Exchanges between members are private transactions and not managed by the site".

Admin is not required to step in. Whether or not they choose to may be another matter.

Ya gotta laugh hey, trying to track a dude down so too communicate to him to return your stolen kit.. If anything its a source of amusement. na Im done with this clown, he knows he as my kit, he can choke on it as far I'm concerned

Ya gotta laugh hey, trying to track a dude down so too communicate to him to return your stolen kit.. If anything its a source of amusement. na Im done with this clown, he knows he as my kit, he can choke on it as far I'm concerned

Yeah, I mean there's no reason he can't return your kit or send us refunds. Getting annoying I'm at 2.5 years (he doesn't have any of my stuff and Eric finished my helmet) but I still want my money back.

Admin is not required to step in. Whether or not they choose to may be another matter.

Admin already stepped in when they deleted the "Buyer Beware" thread about Ponte from a few years back, imo
I a bet a few folks in this thread would have liked to had the chance to read it before handing over their money and/ or property to him. Unfortunately, I read it but decided to go ahead and commission him :facepalm

Has anybody talked to Rick lately? Has his situation improved? It's been a year+ since I've heard anything from him. Any info would be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
I last spoke to him, via text on March 6, with him saying that my knees, shoulders, cod and kidney pieces were going to ship that Wednesday (March 8). I haven't heard from him since. I've texted him almost every day for an update and nothing.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back