Visor Tint VS. Canon

Well, here's my $.02.... The Harris "shopping list" says something like "smoked perspex visor" Perspex being an English word for Lucite/plexiglass implies to me that it was cut from sheet plastic, rather than using a welder's shield or something that we replicators sometimes do. The "smoked" part is hard to discern, it could just be referring to "tinted" and not the color at all. That ESB cap, as Oddball noted was matted on a blue screen, so what you're seeing "through" the visor is bad clipping in all honesty. It's generally considered that the MoM helmet is the "Hero" ESB one, and that one has a green tinted visor, however two fators that call that into question are: 1.) The Supertrooper suits all started white, and the Stormtrooper lenses are definitely not green. So safe to assume the Supertrooper visor was not green. 2.) If the original was fixed and possibly replaced, all bets are off for the MoM helmet being proof of anything. So it basically comes down to what you like best. Mine is green, btw.

ummm...
The Sandtroopers were the first "Troopers" to be filmed
And their lenses are definitely geen
so...
that logic won't hold up

Oh, and my ROTJ is 2 layers of dark green (not correct, I know)

Erm... do you mean that the Sandtroopers looking for the droids were the first filmed chronogically? becuase the first trooper on screen were plain old stormtroopers when they blast aboard Leia's blockade runner. As Far as I know (and I could be wrong) the sandtroopers were the same suits as regular stormtroopers (beside the packs/shoulder plates, etc), and were built at the same time, so they should have the black lenses that the regular trooper have. Anyone got a screenie of them?

I was referring to the "Supertrooper" White Boba Fett suits by the way

Erm... do you mean that the Sandtroopers looking for the droids were the first filmed chronogically? becuase the first trooper on screen were plain old stormtroopers when they blast aboard Leia's blockade runner. As Far as I know (and I could be wrong) the sandtroopers were the same suits as regular stormtroopers (beside the packs/shoulder plates, etc), and were built at the same time, so they should have the black lenses that the regular trooper have. Anyone got a screenie of them?

I was referring to the "Supertrooper" White Boba Fett suits by the way

Chronologically
The Sandies were shot first

I know what you meant about the "Supertrooper"
Here is a Screencap of a Sandtrooper where you can clearly see the green lens (thanx Art for the pics & Site)
http://www.looksirdroids.com/hd_caps/pages/sandtrooper_hd_094.htm
sandtrooper_hd_094.png

Hmmm...interesting! That sure looks green to me, but.... That is from the special edition. a ton of color-correcting/restoration went into those. Not saying I don't believe they are green, I'm just curious then, were the sandtrooper helmets lenses different than the regular stormtroopers? were every trooper's lenses even the same? there were a lot of "thrown together sloppy" details on all the originals, because they're just not noticeable in the final edits.

edit: I was looking through screens from the originals, and they're too hard to tell to be conclusive. some look black, some look like they could have greenish highlights....

Hmmm...interesting! That sure looks green to me, but.... That is from the special edition. a ton of color-correcting/restoration went into those. Not saying I don't believe they are green, I'm just curious then, were the sandtrooper helmets lenses different than the regular stormtroopers? were every trooper's lenses even the same? there were a lot of "thrown together sloppy" details on all the originals, because they're just not noticeable in the final edits.

edit: I was looking through screens from the originals, and they're too hard to tell to be conclusive. some look black, some look like they could have greenish highlights....

The sandtroopers had the flat green lenses.
The TK's had the smoked bubble lenses.
I am at work, so reference pics aren't readily available right now
Perhaps Art or another Sandy expert can chime in

Odd! Such little continuity! Back onoto Fett, I like the Dark green, so that's what I'm using on my helmet, but I'll be able to swap out the visor If I decide I'm not happy with it.

The sandtroopers had the flat green lenses.
The TK's had the smoked bubble lenses.
I am at work, so reference pics aren't readily available right now
Perhaps Art or another Sandy expert can chime in
Stunt Stormtroopers had flat green lenses along with Sand Troopers

Hero Stormtrooper and ROTJ helmets had smoked bubble lenses.

Stunt Stormtroopers had flat green lenses along with Sand Troopers

Hero Stormtrooper and ROTJ helmets had smoked bubble lenses.

Hero ROTJ helmet had GREEN bubble lenses. About the ANH Hero, I don't know, in some pics we can see them green, that's the reason that did eFX put a pair of green lenses into his helmets, for change them if you wanted.

trooper_herolenses_gam3.jpg

AnsonANHtroop1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's correct ANH Stormtrooper Hero helmets were GREEN bubble lenses - NOT smoked. That is a common misconception thanks to FX armor (just like the ab buttons are NOT black in ANH and ESB)...but that is for another forum...

http://store.weldingdepot.com/cgi/weldingdepot/0800-105X.html?id=7QyI7pn5

IRUV 5.0

This is what I have and no one can see in. It's very nice...especially on sunny days! :D

Funny, that's what I just went and bought...Here are pics of what I was using (green) and what I bought today...tbh, its a combo of a greenish smoke tint depending on how the light hits it so I think we're all right!(y):cheers

DSCN3657.jpg

DSCN3662.jpg

The new one is a 5.0 and they sell 3.0's which is a bit too light so I'm hoping this works out better for me and the problem of anyone seeing in! It seems so from what you're saying SN. My only concern is for being able to see well indoors and in low light situations...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back