Vest cooling method?

I have a big mesh window in the back of my biker scout flight suit, then big metal eyelets on the vest over that... the back tank has an 80mm fan that will usually move some air around my suit for 2 hours on a 9v. At DragonCon a couple years ago I popped the tank off and put a cooler pack (one of those things you put in the freezer that's supposed to work like ice in a cooler without getting water everywhere). The condensation dripping down was a bit of a problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A

Yeh my church does a trunk or treat party every year on Halloween night. We host games and everyone dresses up. We got cars of people in the parking lot. With trunks open and they hand out candy.

Its pretty cool.

Alex

yeah we have one of those too! Looking forward to it with my little girl. Sorry didnt mean to get off topic.

The cooling pack vest is interesting.

I have a ton of cooling packs in my freezer from buying deli food. I've thought about adding some pockets to the flight suit and putting cooling packs in them. I have no idea how long they would remain effective, though. (Guess I need to do field trials.)

The cooling pack vest is interesting.

I have a ton of cooling packs in my freezer from buying deli food. I've thought about adding some pockets to the flight suit and putting cooling packs in them. I have no idea how long they would remain effective, though. (Guess I need to do field trials.)
I've been thinking about this and I'll probably do that.

Alex

I tried that with my biker scout at DragonCon once. I put a cold pack from the cooler in my back tank, 80mm fan spinning pointing at me, with mesh in my flight suit, so it was good and chilly for an hour, but after that, the condensation on the tank had begun to dribble down leaving everything below the backplate damp and uncomfortable.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back