USPS SHIPPING STATUS - COVID-19 - question to USA friends

emme3

Active Hunter
Hello guys,
wanna ask to you some infos about how is going on the other side of the ocean. here in Italy after a couple of month of Lock down, now we return to "normal" life and all the companies and industries restart. Same for the Shipping Courier services.
In relation to the emergency , I don't know in what status the USPS couriers is, maybe you recently ordered something and you can help me.

I'm waiting a packet from a TDH US seller, and it's like a month that the tracking still saying "pre-shipment - Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item" .
The seller told me that the packet was shipped. I dont' know how is, but it's normal that the USPS don't update the tracking info like this?

thanks,
Marco

I’m in Australia and have had similar issues with items from US lately. I have had things shipped 1-3 months ago just arrived today. Tracking not updated from pending on a couple of items with tracking.

Appears some states are having quarantine bottle necks and some older items ended up going via sea mail.

Hope this helps

I'm in Norway. I've had a few packages sent by USPS these last few weeks, but delivery takes much longer than usual. And tracking has been highly unreliable:
track.png

Im in the US and it's the same for me. I will receive packages even though the tracking said it wasn't even shipped yet. It's not reliable.

You will just have to wait longer and hopefully everything arrives safe and sounds. I ordered a umbrella for my Jango from New York and it took 1 month to arrive in Michigan. Also had a UK package to Michigan and it took 2.5 weeks to arrive. And like others said it's not just international shipping tracking that sucks.

If a label has been created and still in that status then your seller hasn't dropped the package off.

International shipping the package is scanned in from the departure site as well. It's not going to just show up like it might for domestic shipping.

emme3 Who's the TDH seller? How much time has gone by since purchase?

If a label has been created and still in that status then your seller hasn't dropped the package off.

International shipping the package is scanned in from the departure site as well. It's not going to just show up like it might for domestic shipping.

emme3 Who's the TDH seller? How much time has gone by since purchase?
i've ordered from MinuteFett who reassures me that he has already ship the packet.
In particular, i made the order the 30 april and i receive the shipping label from him on 22 june.
I really don't know how USPS works but for now i can only trust the seriousness of the seller regarding the difficult period. Should the status have already been updated?
I keep you guys informed so "otherseas guys" like me can maybe have and exaple of the shipments waiting time in that difficult situation.

EDIT
MinuteFett just update me that maybe the packet is gone lost and he very kindly offered to send me another one right away. lets see

Mine was shipped the same day (June 22th) by MF and I got my first update the 3rd of july. It's now in Spain. Also, my MQ-1 was shipped from Greece on June 16th and it is not even in Spain. Weird service nowadays.

He may have shipped it first class international which can not have tracking. Cant remember what it displays if you try to enter the label ID of a package like that into a tracker, I'd assume an error, but maybe it defaults to no a no scan message like that.

But yeah in general "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item" means it never entered the system to begin with. But that doesn't necessarily mean he never handed it off. If he dropped it off without making sure it got scanned by a teller (aka waiting in that damn line), or if he used home-pickup where the daily drivers collect it (they're supposed to scan it at your door, but sometimes are lazy and wait until they're back at the office), then there's that little weird period where the package is in their care, but not formally scanned and in the system yet.

Well I’ll add my 2cents . I have 2 international packages being shipped to me both are past their delivery date, 7/2 other 7/7. Both say labels created , both say shipping service is in possession of package. Both say sorted at facility both say in transit. However neither have departure scan from original posting country. So my guess is there is a tremendous back log of packages that have to go out, which unfortunately translates to longer wait times for all of us. And something to mull over where are these packages being held and does the order of them receiving said packages mean they will be first to go out or is it likely to be happenstance or luck of the draw?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back