ESB Build (Short BH)

Hey Pac, let me know how those work out. I got the kind with the Allen head set screw. They work great and hold tight, but can be a pain taking on and off to make minor adjustments. I even broke off a couple of pins when I first got them by over tightening the set screw and not realizing it. BTW, helmet looks great. Love my ToEleven bucket. Do you plan on putting any physical damage on it?

Hey Pac, let me know how those work out. I got the kind with the Allen head set screw. They work great and hold tight, but can be a pain taking on and off to make minor adjustments. I even broke off a couple of pins when I first got them by over tightening the set screw and not realizing it.

I use these pin backs for my military dress uniform all the time. I will be using the same method for my armor. They won't come off unless you physically pull on them in a specific way.

Hey Pac, let me know how those work out. I got the kind with the Allen head set screw. They work great and hold tight, but can be a pain taking on and off to make minor adjustments. I even broke off a couple of pins when I first got them by over tightening the set screw and not realizing it. BTW, helmet looks great. Love my ToEleven bucket. Do you plan on putting any physical damage on it?
I put them on yesterday. Totally worth getting. Super nice.

And yes the damage has been added already. Pics later. :D

Update on my build as of Feb 17th.

My Jetpack rocket dimensions has been sent to the shop. I will be having a aluminum missile made by my good friend Anthony.

Also currently have a 3D printed rocket that I’m finishing up.

Another test fit with some adjustments. Added the jewelry pin locks. I haven’t tailored the suit yet. In a few weeks I will. Epoxied the pins to the armor.

78EF17E1-03F8-46FF-8268-2FE33DFF3575.jpeg

B208C14F-1104-4B0B-BC5B-F70DC0548101.jpeg

AC0CB3F5-EFB8-4237-91C4-0A179E0B5F1F.jpeg

4C2F6FFF-46AB-4B87-9B6C-1D7D86CD4471.jpeg

FCEE45EC-B326-4C80-B1B0-8775063D46CA.jpeg

28C46FFB-0B1E-4F98-A044-640086E967E0.jpeg

Looking good !! I also have the type with the set screw backs. I didn't want to take any chances on loosing them. I'm curious how these work out for you.

Looking good !! I also have the type with the set screw backs. I didn't want to take any chances on loosing them. I'm curious how these work out for you.

I just had the pins epoxied but after some movements for some reason some of the pins ripped off the armor even tho they where sanded and cured. So I ended up epoxy putting them on. They’re holding for sure now. We’ll see

I’m not positive but I thought it was the same length. In fact the whole thing seems kinda long. What is the measurement of the bar? Otherwise it looks great.
6B48BC4D-1624-4C4C-B683-0857121F9088.jpeg

Last edited:
I didn't know if they slid or popped into a holder. I've got one of BD's harnesses, but I haven't got to the stage of working on it yet......
Thanks for your wisdom SF...

I didn't know if they slid or popped into a holder. I've got one of BD's harnesses, but I haven't got to the stage of working on it yet......
Thanks for your wisdom SF...

Wisdom? Hahahahahaha
Thanks for your confidence in believing I know what I’m talking about. ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back