ToEleven ESB bucket & paintup for johnnyhungus

So I received the finished helmet yesterday and I can honestly say, this is an amazing work of art. A big thank you to ToEleven for his meticulous attention to detail and obvious love he has put into crafting this piece. I currently have it on display in my office but it will eventually be in a display with Kylo, Vader and a stormtrooper, I cannot wait to see them all together.

I can 100% recommend ToEleven, he possesses incredible patience and skill, great work fella! Well worth the wait!

My God man! this is brilliant work! I've been rattle-canning buckets and armor privately for a bit, slowly getting better each time and wondering if I should switch to an airbrush setup for a while now. You have just confirmed that I should! Such incredible workmanship! Expertly executed, and you blew my mind with the rub on letters! i have hand painted my details every step of the way, and just have to say that is killer! So clean!

any tips on a starting airbrush kit? I'm sure after some digging I'll be able to find the paints and stuff... But I'm in awe here!

any tips on a starting airbrush kit? I'm sure after some digging I'll be able to find the paints and stuff... But I'm in awe here!

Thanks for the compliment! I'm using a Paasche VL double action airbrush. This is the only brush I've ever used, so I don't have much advice to give on which model/brand is the best. It really works great as long as I wipe the needle off with acetone every time I use it (it took me a while of struggling before I figured this out). Most of the youtube vids I watched made it seem like you only need to shoot a little thinner through it after painting. This was not the case for me. The only thing different I would like to try would be a gravity/top fed model. You could do an airbrush forum search here and find some great info. There are guys who have weighed in on the topic with a lot more experienced than myself.

Also, you need an air compressor with a decent adjustable tool pressure. Obviously you could just get it with an airbrush kit... I already had a small compressor in my garage which I adjust the pressure to around 20-30psi.

Good luck!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back