TK-32700's ESB Boba WIP

32700

New Hunter
Hi! Simon here, and I'm a member of the 501st, Nordic Garrison. I'm currently working on an ESB Boba Fett. I will post here from time to time, and I hope to hear some thoughts and advice along the way!

Inventory list, completed:
- Boots: Imperial Boots
- Girth belt: white mohair from Victory Canter, dyed maroonish brown
- Holster: Nemrod rubber replica from Bobamaker
- Belt: Delta13
- Shin Tools: 3D-printed from Toolguy / CSB Props on Shapeways

Inventory list, todo:
- Flight suit, vest, neck seal: Arkady
- Gloves: Mike M
- Braids: Woodsman
- Cape: MoW
- Jetpack harness: Bigdane
- US Divers replica buckle, JP hooks and clips: Full Metal Fett
- Chest display: Fettronics
- EE3: Stormrider with muzzle from Sidewinder.

On order:
- Helmet, armor, gauntlets, jetpack.

Need:
- Sidearm
- Various strapping, fasteners, screws, glue and so on.
- other items?
 
Last edited:

32700

New Hunter
These past few days I've been weathering my boots. I've never done any weathering before, so it's a bit daunting. Hopefully I'm on the right track? Please let me know what you think.

Before:
D3eT5T0Gjp5gvIxRwRu3za2ECQvLpzzeyouNw=w900-h506-no.jpg


After:
ezxDqo9pak61Y7THlFyZHf_Q4PXcon-ziqCHU=w900-h506-no.jpg

NvPP-1EYL9laE_ZsY6OOexCUbVHAYw6SESb3Q=w900-h506-no.jpg
 

32700

New Hunter
What did you use? They look good!
Thank you!

I first went over the boots with 120 grit sandpaper. Just with a light touch.

Next I used acrylic paint. I painted the mid-stripe with a paintbrush and Black paint. And then a mix of Black, White and Deep Grey for the overall boot with a mix of Deep Grey and Burnt Umber for the sides. For this I used an airbrush -- for the first time ever!

The first coat did not look so hot. After letting that dry, I used a wet cloth on the boots to dampen them a bit before the next few coats. This made the paint blend much better. I will definitely use wet-on-wet on the jumpsuit!

For the soles I used Yellow Ochre on a mostly dry paintbrush, just painted stripes randomly down the middle of the sole. I then used a wash of Yellow Ochre, Burnt Umber and Deep Grey to blend these stripes and make the soles look grimy.

Since posting I have also fastened the toe spikes. On these I used a wash of Black and Burnt Umber, which I let sit for a minute or two before wiping off.
 

32700

New Hunter
Progress update: I have dyed my mohair girth belt. I used a waterbased wood stain.

Staining the belt was easy, but it took longer than I expected to dry. It hung for two days before I could touch it and about a week before it stopped being sticky.

The CRL states "gold/brass buckles" for basic approval. Mine were metallic gray, so I needed to paint them. After cleaning off the stain, I sprayed the buckles with flat gray primer and then antique gold. The paint was a bit runny, so I hope I don't end up with ugly drops. I've just done a second coat.

girth.jpg


girth-stain.jpg


girth-gold.jpg
 

32700

New Hunter
Shin tools!

I'm looking for the Paterson squeegee and mixer, but haven't found any yet. (Most online providers are too expensive when importing to Norway.) Until I find the original parts, I guess 3D printed versions will suffice. I got mine from Toolguy via Shapeways.

These last few days I've been sanding, painting and weathering. Not entirely sure I managed to match the correct colors, but I'm pretty happy with the result.

shin-tools-print.jpg


shin-tools-weathered.jpg
 
Top