Tinting a Black Series Visor

malloryfett

New Hunter
Hey gang,
As I'm sure most of you know, the black series helmet's visor is a bit see-through & it annoys me lol.
I've been wanting to do something about it without spending $40 on the replacement I saw on Esty.
How can you fix this?

Thanks!
Mal

Scratching is a common problem and all black series helmet visors including the new mandalorian helmet.

Pre-cut...ready to go.

I wish I found these before I ordered the T-VISOR one, which is awesome material and accurate color, but I had to dremmel the shite out of it to get it to fit my BS Fett.

Pre-cut...ready to go.

I wish I found these before I ordered the T-VISOR one, which is awesome material and accurate color, but I had to dremmel the shite out of it to get it to fit my BS Fett.
I don’t think they were available yet when we were modding our BS helmets. It was a PITA indeed.

word of warning be VERY careful when putting the scres back in to the BS helmet - I managed to put a screw thru the front mandibles which now means I'll have the unenviable task of repairing and repainting the whole thing :D

t-visor material is nice but the color is actually wrong. Their visors are tinted bronze which is incorrect.
Bronze?!?
D'OH!
It looked smoke to me. :/
20200817_002732.jpg

The difference between the colors is the bronze looks more yellowish than the smoke. But its a small thing that isn't really noticable much from the outside of the helmet. I still like their visors a lot regardless.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see replacement for the Mandalorian helmet either soon. The Hasbro visors sucks...

Mine is super scratched up already
Just reading through this thread. My black series visor got adhesive spray glue on and then got scratched to death while trying to fix it. This stuff in the photo worked a treat. Kinda scary taking wet n dry to an expensive bit of kit but varying grades followed by a polish with this stuff and its like new, almost. Can't remember how much it was but i think it was only 6 or 7 quid from Amazon.

Attachments

• 16232615978575929314647894248774.jpg
    16232615978575929314647894248774.jpg
    756.8 KB · Views: 285
  • 16232619088476423048643659271810.jpg
    16232619088476423048643659271810.jpg
    818.4 KB · Views: 260
Hey gang,
As I'm sure most of you know, the black series helmet's visor is a bit see-through & it annoys me lol.
I've been wanting to do something about it without spending $40 on the replacement I saw on Esty.
How can you fix this?

Thanks!
Mal

A smoked gel attached onto the inside of the helmet will darken that up. You can buy a packet of colored light gels for about $10 on Amazon.

Unfortunately, a lot of those helmets are coming out with clear visor windows now, for safety.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back