The new boba Fett look

CasterCole

New Hunter
Okay so I have never made a mandalorian gear set in my life I'm a complete novice when it comes to cosplay of any kind except for a sith outfit I put together last minute to go to a convention I'm really interested in boba Fett's new look in the mandalorian and I have always wanted to give this a try but as of late I have taken in more any and all advice is greatly appreciated any links to items that I will need is also greatly appreciated I'm looking to just buy the pieces and put the armor together myself

Ok so the good news is the new fett costume is significantly easier than the standard costumes and should be a great costume to learn new skills . The first piece of advice is try and decide on a budget for the build . This will help you source the pieces you may have to buy and if necessary make yourself .

Ok so the good news is the new fett costume is significantly easier than the standard costumes and should be a great costume to learn new skills . The first piece of advice is try and decide on a budget for the build . This will help you source the pieces you may have to buy and if necessary make yourself .
I actually found a guy willing to work with me but I guess I'm making a list for him and then he will get back to me with a price my issue now is the look is super new I don't see anyone working on the under cloak or the boots, gloves act. But I haven't looked around the website yet my focus has been on Etsy.

I actually found a guy willing to work with me but I guess I'm making a list for him and then he will get back to me with a price my issue now is the look is super new I don't see anyone working on the under cloak or the boots, gloves act. But I haven't looked around the website yet my focus has been on Etsy.
thats my main advice.. give it time to develop. Few things are known about the costume. A lot will change still.

So this:
Helmet
Chest
Ab
Shoulders
Gauntlets
Knees
Back
Jetpack
Flack vest

$1600 USD

Does this seem like a fair charge for this work that's handmade I'm not judging the guy who gave me the price in case he's in this group and sees this I'm just trying to make sure that this kind of money is the norm or in the realm of normal to spend

So this:
Helmet
Chest
Ab
Shoulders
Gauntlets
Knees
Back
Jetpack
Flack vest

$1600 USD

Does this seem like a fair charge for this work that's handmade I'm not judging the guy who gave me the price in case he's in this group and sees this I'm just trying to make sure that this kind of money is the norm or in the realm of normal to spend
Can you share who he is? A community background check can be a good idea :)

Doesnt look like theyve ever done a boba fett costume at all... not saying they cant do a good job.... but I wouldnt expect it to be very accurate if they just print off whatever they find on the internet to print on their 3d printer (looks like they print all their stuff)

CasterCole
I did a ROTJ build this year and paid around that $1600 mark for all the pieces you listed from Boba Maker (Except the Jetpack, that was from a different vendor).....unpainted. I did all the painting myself (except a few pieces, which were done by Boba Maker) and was super happy with my purchase's.

-Iron

I would not know this is my first attempt you guys have any links please send them my way I'm really looking for someone to pay each week for parts individually

Honestly, just give it a bit more time. We barely have any reference yet for this new look of his. Lots of unknowns still and if you rush into it without doing a ton of your own research you'll be left with a costume you paid big bucks for that falls short. Commissioning someone to make it is not bad at all but it takes a little more than just rallying up some up some links, sending them off to some 3D printer, and expecting quality... all based off of one episode.

What you'll find is some serious talent where people focus on specific parts. Some people make incredible armor, others amazing soft parts, or people who specialize in leather goods, electronics, etc... These folks put all their efforts into perfecting those parts specifically and some of the best Fett suits we've ever seen have been built by multiple makers.

I would not know this is my first attempt you guys have any links please send them my way I'm really looking for someone to pay each week for parts individually
In context of what TehEl1te said:
My advice would be to have a look around this forum, especially the Boba Fett helmet and Costume sections. Read, read, read and read some more. I know a lot of it will not be about the specific variant you are looking at right now, but a lot of the skills and knowledge will be transferable.

I bought a few month ago a 3d Printer (mega zero anycubic for 100$) and used the Files from Raffael. It’s going pretty good, I‘m still in the prozess but if anyone is interested i would start a thread how I fix all the problems of Pla instability... At first my goal was the ESB but now I think I‘ll go for the new painted.

I think this is my first post here (dont really remember) so take it for what its worth. I have the STL files for a full live action Deathwatch kit. Chest plate, helmet, jetpack, shoulders, thigh armor, gauntlets etc. The cost of material for me to 3d print it is roughly $300. If youre willing to pay $1600 for a fresh printed armor kit that would use less plastic than i mentioned above, go for it. To me, that seems really expensive. I have a printer though so that obviously effects my opinion. If the prints come sanded, filled and primed ready for paint thats a different story. I spent roughly 15 hours finishing my helmet once it came off thw printer. My 2 cents for what its worth

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back